The Complete Capitol Recordings of the Nat King Cole Trio - Mosaic, 1991

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chacha, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Warren

J. Warren Senior Member

The complete set is there under Nat King Cole. With all of the subdivisions, it's confusing. It's better to search by album or box set title.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

On Amazon?

Edit:

Ok cool, I found it again. I went through the Amazon site and then to streaming to find it though.

At any rate, cool its still there! I was afraid, as many times Amazon Music does, it had disappeared.

3. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Good idea to split these messages into its own thread. I’m surprised there wasn’t one already.

4. Link please, when I search, that box set is not an option on AM(free with Prime)

5. Ere

Ere Senior Member

See above - it’s actually on Prime Music Unlimited, which requires a subscription. My mistake.

6. ah, ok, thank you

7. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

At least ten years ago a friend gave me a 10 CD set of Nat King Cole on the Documents label. It's a cheapo public domain label so the set includes no notes or credits. I have no idea what labels these recordings were sourced from? I've never listened to the set beyond the first disc but I'm now going to give the whole set a listen. Disc one definitely sounds like it's from the 40s.

8. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

Working my way through this for the first time via Qobuz. Up to disc 6. Amazing amount of great music. I noticed it’s possible to buy the files in 16/44 quality for $257.

chacha likes this.
  9. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I just bought a copy of the CD box set for $270. All the CDs were still sealed.

Swordsandchains likes this.
  10. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Lots of those sets are cloned from other CDs plus some needledrops.
    I knew John M. and Mike from Jasmine from years ago when they were a legit reissue label and they received 1630 tapes from the labels for their reissues in the 80's and 90's.
    Who knows what they're using now, the same 1630 tapes plus CD dupes and needle drops and Jasmine is the king of the Public Domain labels. Giant's Of Jazz uses CD clones big time. Some of the Documents discs I checked out seemed to be cloned from CDs, your Nat Cole box could be just that. If Mosaic didn't have to confirm to the rules layed down by the Cole estate, they could have got it down to 12 discs and down 3 LP's. The ruling was "the discs can't go over 55 minutes each and the LP sides can't have more than 7 tracks". I would like to see that set be reissued with newer transfers with some tracks, the alternate take of "Embraceable You" was taken off a well played V-Disc, the same track with pristine sound can be found on the Collector's Choice "King Cole Trio V-Discs" collection.

kennyluc1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.