The Consultant-Amazon series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Feb 24, 2023.

1. WalterBoyd

WalterBoyd Forum Resident

I loved this series, binge-watched it in one day. The stoner lead guy was just detached enough to seem realistic in his behavior. Christoph Woltz is always good, IMO. Tatiana Zappardino, the brunette former spokesmodel on the New Day USA insurance commercials, has tiny, a bit part. Wish there was more of her.

RSteven likes this.
  2. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

I liked the show. The best thing about it was that it was not dragged out. Less than 4 hrs of screen time and it was just about right.

So what exactly is Mr. Patoff?

RSteven likes this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Finally finished it.

OK show. Definitely not a comedy.

4. NekoM

NekoM Seriously not serious.

Tony Basgallop has hung around M. Night Shyamalan too long. I really dislike how he frames everything so tightly, there’s no story or depth, throw a bit of weird sex in and some tag you along mystery. Theres just a lot of this type of thing going on right now and I never walk away from them feeling good or entertained. Mainly depressed.

5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Just finished watching the first 2 episodes. I’m restraining myself from not watching more tonight. So far it is really good.

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm five episodes in and this is how I feel. This seems like every Christoph Waltz part. I wonder, was it written for him? Is the part like this BECAUSE he is playing it, or was it written like that and that's why they went out to get him.

The episodes are short, so it doesn't take much time. I'll wrap it up tonight, but I'm a bit skeptical it will really payoff.

7. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Finished this up. It's strength is that it goes by quick at only 8 episodes of around 30 minutes each. Interesting that they went with the run time of a comedy though this isn't a comedy. Can't say I was impressed, I'd give it a 6/10 overall. Is there a second season planned?

8. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I'd watch it.

9. woody

woody Forum Resident

First episode has me hooked but my wife thinks it is too weird. Guess I’ll be finishing it up by myself. Thanks for the recommendation!

unclefred likes this.
  10. Claude

Claude Senior Member

I stopped watching after 5 episodes, because the artificial weirdness became old.

The most interesting element is Waltz' "charming villain" routine, but if you've seen "Inglorious Basterds" you know that already.

The other characters are too basic. So many ideas remain underdevelopped.

11. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Having seen this, glad we didnt go past the first episode.

12. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Artificial weirdness is not as healthy as organic weirdness.