The Doors 2022

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pats Radio, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

the band officially released them more than a decade ago lol

Crosseyed likes this.
  2. Dbacksrule76

Dbacksrule76 Forum Resident

My million dollar question would be this:

I have the UHQR’s from Analogue Productions of Hendrix Are You Experienced and Bob Marley Rastaman Vibrations, both records seem to have the same color and clarity as the ‘16 RSD Aquarius Theatre pressing pressed at QRP, is this maybe the same process as the new UHQR’s? Seems to be though as the Aquarius album sounds fantastic. Anyone know?

marklamb and Doop like this.
  3. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

not the same process, AQ was regular process UHQR is a different animal

Dbacksrule76 and marklamb like this.
  4. Dbacksrule76

Paris Blues sounds just like it was recorded during PBS Soft Parade IMO

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Dbacksrule76

I also can’t listen to I will always be untrue without speaking “Eat me, this way, the end.”

6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

How does Vancouver sound on vinyl? Curious is future vinyl of full van, Seattle and Bakersfield would be worthwhile.

7. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

So who do you think is on rhythm guitar and bass?

Shawn, Ern and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. murch

murch Forum Resident

On this release sounds fine. There are a lot of modern vinyl boots of the whole show. As well as Seattle and Detroit. Vancouver will always sound like an audience tape, cause that's what it is. Seattle and Detroit boots sound great. I feel no guilt buying bootleg vinyl of these shows as the Doors should have put them out themselves by now (instead of re-re-re releasing greatest hits comps). Bakersfield is the last hope for a properly recorded unique concert to be released, although they may respect Ray's wishes and keep it locked up. Doubt it though, there's money to be made.

marklamb, RAZORMADE and Shawn like this.
  9. jamiehowarth

jamiehowarth Senior Member

Re: which 50th releases are Plangent -
    Correct. Waiting For The Sun, Sort Parade, Morrison Hotel, LA Woman.

Soundslave and Shawn like this.
  10. Dbacksrule76

The Doors website just went live with a limited amount of the Paris Blues blue vinyl if anyone missed out on it

D-rock, marklamb and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. And they are all the stronger for it! Any chance they might revisit the debut and/or Strange Days for a Plangent release?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Do the Plates for the DCC series still exist anybody think ?

13. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

The strange thing is ... Ray did not like the Bakersfield recording ... but the half of the concert that has been leaked does sound more than acceptable...

tedg65, marklamb and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident

I kinda want to see Jim’s home movies from Paris 1971. Even if silent.
    [​IMG]

June 28th 1971 ^

15. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

what strikes me in these pictures of Jim in Paris is that absolutely nobody knows who he is ... they think it is just a regular guy ... Think that must have been a very nice experience for Jim ... as he probably by then was fed up with hangers on ...

16. It’s the preppy sweater tied around the neck. The perfect disguise!

17. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

I always like these pics on one hand as Jim seems relaxed and happy ... on the other hand, it makes me very sad to realize that there someone of 27 years is standing looking like a 45 year old ...

18. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

Like this?

19. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

As a 46 year old I can only respond that I WISH I looked like 27 year old Jim when I was 45!

20. The Doctor

The Doctor Forum Resident

also consider that in those pix, said 27 year old had less than a week to live. 5 days basically

21. murch

murch Forum Resident

There have been a few hints from Botnick over the past year or so that they have already done the debut s/t. No hints as to when it will be released. Although I find the reissues decent, they don't really stand up to the 45rpm issues that analogue productions did, or some of the originals. My original monarch press of Morrison hotel sounds a lot punchier than the 50th. My original pitman press of LA Woman sounds better overall than the 50th. I've also been a little frustrated with the noisy vinyl they keep releasing. My Paris Blues is very noisy during the I will never be untrue section. At first you'd think it would be a coincidence or maybe I got a bum copy, but all of my 50th presses are noisier than they should be, even after a cleaning. In fact some are noisier than my originals.

22. CDs would certainly be an option.

23. Dbacksrule76

I’m thinking Frankensteined, it’s not like they haven’t done that in the past, could be Ray Neopolean on bass, some over dubs on rhythm guitar from a separate session, don’t put it past them. It doesn’t sound like Jerry Scheff on bass to me

24. Kat Records

Kat Records Forum Resident

Paris Blues speed corrected, what a difference!

25. anytimecowboy

anytimecowboy Groovy

Is it likely that Paris blues was intentionally sped up?