The Eagles Legacy 15LP Set coming November 2, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Sep 25, 2018.

1. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

A lazy job. There was a vinyl box just a few years ago, so they should have just released a "Vol.2 - 1980 - 2007" instead, with the rest of the material:

Eagles Live (1980) [2LP]
    Hell Freezes Over (1994) [2LP]
    Millennium Concert (2000) [3LP]
    Long Road Out of Eden (2007) [2LP]
    Singles and B-Sides (2018) [1LP]

That's 10 LPs, so they could have priced it around 120£ - 150£ and it would still sell a bucket load of copies.
    Just keep the original sleeves, put them in a nice looking gold box with black lettering (to mirror Vol.1) et voila. You have a great looking set to accompany the first one.

This just seems wrong.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    ToTo Man, sonofjim, ggergm and 7 others like this.
  2. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Couldn't agree more!

I have the first box and would have bought Vol 2 as described above in flash but there's no way I'm buying this new set.

3. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Btw, I put 3LP on the Millenium concert to make room for the tracks that didn't make the original cut!

4. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

+1! I have the first box too. The mastering is very good, the artwork and the complete box is top notch. This release doesn't make sense.
    I bought what it looked like a original LP from HFO, but the pressing is atrocious. It´s a fake.

Szeppelin75 and hodgo like this.
  5. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I have the Millenium concert CD and I'm not impressed with the sound quality at all. It's very thin sounding and also very bright as well.

hodgo likes this.
  6. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Bob Ludwig did both "Hell Freezes Over" and "Millennium Concert" for this box, plus a few tracks in the Singles and B-sides disc.

This may be a really good collection after all. I've been hoping for a DCC-level vinyl reissue of all their albums.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  7. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Looks nice. I cannot justify another purchase of these albums (as much as I love them), but I would love to get my hands on the singles/B-sides disc.

hodgo and Szeppelin75 like this.
  8. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

I'm sure they are hoping this ends up under the Christmas Tree of many hard-to-buy for boomers. They'll end up in estate sales, un-played, pretty soon.

9. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

Long Road Out Of Eden is now on Spotify for the first time too

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Way too expensive and useless.

Rad Dudeski and smilin ed like this.
  11. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Useless. Mosg Eagles fans have the studio albums. I got the box set.from a few years ago and its well mastered and my go to on vinyl.

As much as i want HFO and the Millenium concert, theres no way im spending that much money on music i already have.

hodgo likes this.
  12. painted8

painted8 Forum Resident

Shame than Glenn's not still alive. For a higher price, he'd probably personally deface the photos of Don Felder in that booklet.

Szeppelin75 and supernaut like this.
  13. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I don't have any Eagles on vinyl. I will consider getting this release if the albums are well mastered and pressed on quality vinyl and they are reasonably priced.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  14. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

I have that album downloaded on Spotify for months!

15. tspit74

tspit74 Senior Member

God, what an ugly design! Yuck!!

Also, looks like 2 sets of 78 style wallet/portfolios for the records. With that many pieces of wax in one set, good luck at getting a pristine set. At least 3 records will have non-fill, 2 will be warped, 4 sides will haves scratches, 3 will look perfect but sound like rice crispies, 5 will be dished. Maybe a handful will be okay.

Can you tell I have enormobox fatigue? Time to slow this hobby down, get a life and be more productive. Anybody with me?

NunoBento and Farmer Mike like this.
  16. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

Interesting design. Almost looks like the old 78RPM album binders (before 33 1/3 came along). I wonder if the album art work is included though (maybe printed on the inner sleeves)?

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Too much duplication. Have all but Millenium Concert and Singles. Studio albums up to 79 in triplicate incl the 2013 box. I expect for the later the same mastering will be used. It has value if you have little of this stuff or beat up vinyl. They at least didn't have the front to include post Felder concert material. I expect these titles will get a stand alone reissue down the line.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  18. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

Anybody listened to it yet? I believe it arrived at Acoustic Sounds.

19. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

Seems like they used the 2013 bernie grundman remasters from the previous boxset for the studio albums?

I didn't buy them yet, and price at Qobuz Sublime + seems reasonable ... probably without dvd/blu ray shows....

25.99€ at qobuz sublime, mentions 44.1-24bit. Possible that only the digital recording are in 44.1-24 and other albums in 96khz-24.

20. PanaPlasma

The version on Qobuz is 44.1-24 for the whole box set. Highresaudio has the 192-24 at double of the price...

21. Chauncey

Chauncey Forum Resident

I just purchased the set from Qobuz. The albums are 96/24 and the mastering is the same as the 2013 HDTracks release. I haven’t checked out the “new” material in the set yet but judging by file size they are 44.1/24.

PanaPlasma likes this.
  22. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

No Hell Freezes over on the digital releases, or am I reading them wrong?

Rad Dudeski and hodgo like this.
  23. PanaPlasma

The 192kHz-24bit Legacy-downloads cost $233 at HDTracks! Which is almost 10x the price of the 44.1kHz-24bit version at Qobuz (for Sublime subscribers)!
    96kHz-24bit costs $174.

Seriously what are they thinking for a couple of files...

In a few months the music industry will probably complain that no one is interested in hi-res audio :)

bru87tr likes this.
  24. Chauncey

Chauncey Forum Resident

I just saw the price on HDTracks. WOW. Qobuz was 40 euros.

25. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

They will have soon 25% or something coupon emailed, but still absolutely ridiculous. I think Tidal MQA clipped their audiophile wings, and they trying to collect as much as they can in a drying market..