The Eagles MOFI One Step

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beatleboy1968, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

When I saw this was coming I quickly bought the previous 2 disc version and sold my original Premonition single disc with missing and edited tracks (for more). Maybe as wise a decision as passing on the KOB UHQR! With all the hype why on earth can't they produce a decent pressing at these prices?

sonofjim likes this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I think the original single LP only had a few missing tracks, and the rest were reordered. But none of the remaining tracks were truncated.

3. Recordguy

Recordguy Forum Resident

I emailed them about shipping & received a reply yesterday stating that they’re still trying to rush these shipments out as soon as possible going in order that they were received. I ordered a little over a week ago so I’m still waiting too.

JRose likes this.
  4. Recordguy

Recordguy Forum Resident

I noticed this afternoon that the Eagles S/T vinyl one-step has sold out.

5. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

I believe the s/t One Step is still available but the SACD is presently out of stock (for now).

6. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

On the MoFi website Eagles S/T One Step is Sold Out and there are 126 of Desperado left. They are both still orderable at MD.

Joti Cover likes this.
  7. Ryan Bedlack

Ryan Bedlack Forum Resident

Damn I ordered these almost a month ago and still no shipping notice??

8. Recordguy

Recordguy Forum Resident

Through Mofi or Music Direct?

9. Ryan Bedlack

Ryan Bedlack Forum Resident

Directly from MoFi's website

10. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

odd, it still shows the silly pre-order tag on the Mofi site when I just checked. How are you getting the number remaining on Desperado?

11. YCC

YCC Well-Known Member

I got a message from Mofi that they're still putting the sets together in their location in Vegas!

hi_watt and Ryan Bedlack like this.
  12. I ordered both Eagles titles on 8/15 and my S/T one step just shipped yesterday from MOFI. They are getting out slowly but surely.

Joti Cover likes this.
  13. Anton888

Anton888 Forum Resident

Most likely they will be using a flat 24bit - 192kHz or 24bit-96khz digital file.

I do not think that the analogue master tapes will go out from the archive.

14. AndrewSlattery

AndrewSlattery Forum Resident

I just put on my copy of the first eagles one step. Good lord! It sounds so good. I put it on straight after my original Japanese press of Hotel California to get an idea of the sound, and it smashed that. The sound stage is massive. As is the bass. Super tight and punchy but warm and smooth at the same time. The vinyl is ridiculously quiet too. Better than my KOB UHQR

FashionBoy, sonofjim, Boots71 and 5 others like this.
  15. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Fantastic news - what # did you receive?

16. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Ah, so you compared one album to a completely different album. Great comparison methodology! :rolleyes:

17. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Especially considering the major differences in how those albums were recorded…

hi_watt and Strat-Mangler like this.
  18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

And you find this hard to believe because...you have some actual inside information or you just want it to be so?

Regardless, even if it would be profitable at $50, MFSL has almost certainly determined it would be more profitable at $125. I know people want to believe music is somehow special and should be egalitarian, but MFSL is not a charity. And for all we know, Eagles Inc. wanted it this way too, so as to not compete in any way with existing product.

There are SO many unknown factors which go into the licensing of a release like this. Just go read ShaneIR’s posts to see the hoop jumping required.

19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Yeah, just like how he said the recent Fleetwood Mac tour wasn't for the money. :rolleyes:

20. brucej4

brucej4 Forum Resident

That may explain the warping complaints. The facility might be too hot!

hi_watt, chris8519, YCC and 3 others like this.
  21. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

Plus the truck ride from RTI around LA into Vegas… that’s a brutal trip in the summer. Wonder if it has any credibility

hi_watt, YCC and Joti Cover like this.
  22. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

I find it hard to believe because most of MoFi’s LP catalog is not OneStep, yet they are still in business. Selling $50 LPs seems to have kept them afloat so far, right?

And did I say anything about charity? I thought it was clear from my post that I would pay $50 for each of these albums released as regular MFSL reissues… it’s a business, they can do whatever they think will make money, and it’s not harming me in any way. But if they were trying to get my money, they missed the mark by doing the $125 version of what they do instead of the $50 version.

Nobody has done anything wrong (other than apparently do a crappy job of quality control on a $125 record?). I just wish there was a regular MFSL release, because that’s what I would like to buy.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Blue Cactus, PdB73 and teag like this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

In 1980, a MFSL album retailed for around $16. All analog. Better vinyl than anything produced today.

That's $53 in today's money.

Real increases in price can be measured accordingly.

hi_watt and teag like this.
  24. AndrewSlattery

It was more to get a feel of how it sounded, as the Japanese Hotel California is so ridiculously clear. I also tested against my Eagles best of mastered by Chris Bellman, which has a lot of the same songs. The One step is a beast. This was the first one step I've bought. I reckon the only record I own that had the same wow on needle drop is the AP 45 cut of Janis Ian - Breaking Silence I have. So much more impressive than the KOB UHQR.

Url: Janis Ian – Breaking Silence (2017, 200gr QRP Pressing, Vinyl)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    teag and Joti Cover like this.
  25. AndrewSlattery

I did well. Got number 234 for S/T and 373 for Desparado

sonofjim, Joti Cover and Recordguy like this.