The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

have you seen the Star trek TV Season BD sets? fabulous picture quality!

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Fixing to watch Alone on the History Channel. I like the atmosphere of it. I watched I Was Prey last night on Animal. Two guys were attacked by bears, one woman a shark, and one guy an alligator. Rather scary stuff.

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

you think?! damn if I need to see that...

4. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Thanks for the head's up, this flew under my radar. I generally like crime TV and watch real crime stuff as well.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Same here. I found it unrealistic.

To each their own, but I think the lack of civility leads to more lack of civility.

6. Michael

it's a TV
    It's a TV show...where did I hear that "lack of civility"? ; )...are you serious! LOL...

7. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

Yes, I was serious, there's no need for the mocking tone. Of course, I know Deadwood is a fictional TV show. I'm not opposed to profanity, but I think like anyone else, it's personal taste and subjective. I generally like westerns as a genre, but I find the profanity on Deadwood, like the other poster alluded to, to be overused and unrealistic. Generally speaking the west wasn't some crazy, lawless society, it was actually pretty tame. So I find the show pretty unrealistic as well. Another aspect of the show that doesn't sit well with me and other shows of that ilk is what role does media have on society at large (civility), which was more what I was getting at. Mediums such as radio, newspapers, and television all reflect and affect society. To what extent, I don't know.

Michael likes this.
  8. Michael

no, no mocking intended...just giving a different opinion than yours...

9. Michael

Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena Ep 1

10. plastic penguin

plastic penguin Active Member

As most of you guys live in the USA, you wouldn't of heard of many programmes I watch:

Foyle's War. It's a Police detective solving crimes in WWII England

ds58 and Mylene like this.
  11. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I was watching through The X-Files again. I think I have watched the series too many times over the years because I don't enjoy it anymore. I am at the point in season three where if I was Mulder I would have reached my breaking point and they would have found Scully's strangled body floating in a river. She is even more annoying than Jar Jar Binks.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  12. I rewatched th first season in anticipation of this.

13. Nah the most annoying thing was the ongoing conspiracy arc and the fact that they kind of made it up on the fly.

14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

They'd always promise some solution that never came. The season where Mulder became a skeptic and Scully became religious was television at its worst.

Karnak and wayneklein like this.
  15. That to me indicated that they had run out of ideas...

Mylene likes this.
  16. Tokyo Ghost

Tokyo Ghost Senior Member

The second series of the British TV drama SKINS. Really enjoying this show.

[​IMG]

17. Michael

continuing on with Spartacus...

18. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Watters' World

JediJones likes this.
  19. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

In Plain Sight - The Fictional USA Network series.
    Last episode Season 1; First episode Season 2.
    :):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  20. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Euphoria isn't all that realistic, in that I don't think today's teenagers actually have anywhere near as much free time as the ones depicted on the show.

It is very well-done in every way. The cast is excellent. In some ways, it reminds me of Spring Breakers, which I could never make it all the way through, 'cos it was too ridiculous. I think Euphoria's much better. Other than My So-Called Life, I haven't seen the others you mentioned.

Only a couple episodes left, and I imagine much will be left unresolved.

21. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Loved this show. Can't ever get enough of Mary McCormack.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  22. I binged season 2 of Big Little Lies. It was actually a little better than season 1 to me. I got a few laughs from the Renata character. To think there are actually people like that out there. ha
    Good acting all around. Looking forward to 3.

Splungeworthy likes this.
  23. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

PBS: Secrets of the Dead: King Arthur's Lost Kingdom--most of the Secrets of the Dead series is worth watching if you're interested in history, and the King Arthur episode was interesting as they delved into whether he was a myth or not (probably so), and what happened to England once the Romans left. Generally speaking it wasn't all swashbuckling as portrayed in the movies and was rather agrarian and traded with other cultures.

24. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Star Trek episodes The Tholian Web and Plato's Stepchildren

25. Michael

Fear The Walking Dead