The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Mosquito Coast.

Didn't care for it.

Klavier likes this.
  2. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

'Elementary' - the late CBS version of Sherlock Holmes starring Johnny Lee Miller. I record three episodes a day. While it was current, I preferred it to its contemporary 'Sherlock' (BBC). It's not a perfect modern translation, but as a rule has intelligent and interesting scripts and is well acted.

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Cops: Reloaded (Reelz)

4. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Jeopardy!" & "Wheel of Fortune"

5. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Lupin, Part 2
    Star Wars: The Bad Batch
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation (not liking where things are heading)

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

7. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

Manson: Music From an Unsound Mind (2019) on Kanopy. Documentary about Charles Manson's music career. I didn't learn anything but they talked to all the right people and they actually used the music instead of the usual copyright avoidance YouTube crap.

changeling69 likes this.
  8. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Season 5 episode one of Line of Duty--my second time watching the entire series--one of my favorites!

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  9. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

We've been bingeing Star Trek: Discovery and Short Treks every opportunity since Prime Day, when we could finally succeed in getting CBS All Access without technical hoops to jump through (now that it's called Paramount+)...for only 99 cents for the first two months. I've seen most of it so far on "alternative means", but this is my wife's first time through, and I'm nudging her through to the point where I can finally get to seasons I haven't seen yet..hopefully without her eyes glazing over. She's with me so far, but I know it's a stretch...this is the only SF/Sci-Fi I've gotten her to binge on without really complaining since we finally allowed Amazon Prime/Netflix/Hulu into our lives. Still we only have two months, and I want to make sure we get every damn phaser-blast absorbed before the price goes up.

And it's hard enough pausing to give her quick explanations of why Mirror Universe, City On The Edge Of Forever and other Federation lore on-the-fly. She's seen all the broadcast series and enjoyed them, but at such a high concentration of Starfleetiness in such a short span, she seems to be wearying of my explaining what a Trill is all over again...or, how this show relates to The Cage, or how far in the future or the past is from Scott Bakula or Quark.

But every time something significant comes up that's "supposed" to mean something to her but doesn't (Spock with a beard, Ensign Tilly standing in front of the same tree at the Acedemy Picard used to study under)...she misses out the significance that the showrunners put in there that should strike a chord with longtime Trekkers. This was, I had always thought, quite a strength for the BBC when they brought back The Doctor: touching on things that meant something to our youthful viewing selves.

Sometimes I think my wife sticks "night out" plans in my way before I can nonchalantly pick up the remote to catch up on where we left off. But she knows she's only got 60 days to power through this, and I'M really the person who's been waiting patiently all these years, to get to the parts I haven't had the chance to see yet. Paramount+ is really a wealth of wasted programming of no importance whatsoever (with rare flashes of Trek bubbling to the surface of the banality now and again)...and we're both aware, we could be watching a lot of other things friends have recommended to us, if we weren't deep into this 2-month, "5-year-mission".

changeling69 likes this.
  10. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations
    3 Episodes: Havana, Cuba - Austin, TX/SXSW Festival - Paris, France

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juan Matus likes this.
  11. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Mysteries of the Outdoors - on the Discovery+ app. This was a two-season paranormal/unexplained-themed show from 2017.

changeling69 likes this.
  12. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

On Discovery+
    Mythbusters
    Ghost Adventures

changeling69 likes this.
  13. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

"Press Your Luck", "Little People, Big World", and "Bonanza"

14. Hadean75

Mythbusters on Discovery+

15. Hadean75

Unearthed on Discovery+

16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Freaks and Geeks. Everybody knows the last episode is one of the greatest things ever screened but the preceding 15 episodes are pretty good as well. After the garage door episode the series hits overdrive.

Michael and George P like this.
  17. AC1

AC1 Forum Resident

Sweet Tooth on Netflix.

[​IMG]

The first episode is okay, but as soon as the journey starts, it became clear that it's more a show for youngsters. I won't be crying if a second season isn't in the works.

18. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  19. it's just me

it's just me Active Member

20. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Wicked Tuna

21. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Burn Notice. Fat Bruce Campbell > Fat Elvis (lol).

22. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

Still working away through 'The Sporanos' as today is a Veg out day today- back to the grind tomorrow.

changeling69 likes this.
  23. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Monty Python (season 2) The episode The Attila the Hun Show really flows. The segues between sketches are seamless.

changeling69 and Rachael Bee like this.
  24. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Classic Albums on PBS

25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Innocent (season 2) (2021) A teacher convicted of killing a 16 yo schoolboy is released after 5 years after a re-trial. Almost every person in the town had both motive and opportunity but who did it? Pretty good.