The Monkees complete TV show on Blu-ray box set.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Sep 8, 2015.

1. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Monkees Blu-Ray has arrived -- remains to be seen whether each disc is correct, but lenticular cover still attached, no damage to outer box, single pressed properly and booklet fully present and accounted for; only a few small tears to the inner tray.

Moving the discs to a plastic case, like, yesterday, though.

D-rock and audiomixer like this.
  2. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Fortunately, mine just arrived. Unfortunately, all 4 corners of the inner tray are either ripped or mangled. Plus, there is a nasty crease on the back page of my book.
    Sent a notice to the Monkees store. We'll see what they have to say.

3. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

They’ll say that they’re very busy & will get back to you. At least, that’s what I got…twice already.

seacliffe301 likes this.
  4. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Mine arrived yesterday. 2 corners inside were ripped . Not sure what I'm gonna do yet.....

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

what could be wrong with the discs?

6. audiomixer

Was your lenticular cover attached?

7. audiomixer

I thought the same thing, but I think he meant if all of the correct number of discs were accounted for; none missing or no repeats. That’s the first I always look for; the correct number & no damage to the surfaces.

batdude98 likes this.
  8. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

I'll give you $100 for it!
    just sayin...............:righton:
    Beave

longdist01, ssmith3046 and boggs like this.
  9. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Exactly.

audiomixer likes this.
  10. audiomixer

Didn’t you order one? ;)

11. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Lenticular was attached. No damage to outer box. Everything else was good.

longdist01 likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...; )

13. The Beave

Two.
    And it was a joke man........................:D
    Beave

14. audiomixer

I’ll be curious to see what kind of shape yours arrive in.

15. audiomixer

Mine was totally detached.

16. The Beave

Probably ripped like a lot of others here. No Big deal as long as the discs are fine I've become used to a bit of damage over the past 15 years of box sets.
    Beave

longdist01 and audiomixer like this.
  17. audiomixer

Mine isn’t too bad. I could reglue the lenticular cover back on if I had to & live with the small rips on the inner liner. That said, the 45, booklet & discs are absolutely perfect. I won’t give those up.

longdist01 and D-rock like this.
  18. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

There was a different address posted in the thread about the "Headquarters' SDE which is: [email protected]

I wrote to that email address about the torn corner of my 'Headquarters' SDE tray and received an response the same day. I haven't received anything from them (it's just been a little over a week or so), but they emailed me the form to fill out telling them about the issue, and was told it could take up to 8 weeks to receive a replacement. So, I'm guessing they'll be sending a new tray... Might work for your TV series Blu-Ray tray as well?

seacliffe301 and longdist01 like this.
  19. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

I'm curious to see what they do for people with the damaged covers and insert corners. As audiomixer said, at this price point it's completely reasonable to ask for a replacement, even for what some might consider "minor" cosmetic damage. Rhino admitted having this problem when the original set went out...6 years ago! I don't really believe the "edges damaged in shipping from the DVDs jostling side to side" excuse--My theory is that it happens on the line when the boxes are assembled.

It's kind of weird that they sent out replacements of the Headquarters SDE without asking for a return of the damaged box. If they did that for the Blu-ray set it could get expensive really quick. It almost seems like they're not set up to handle this kind of problem. Unless they have a stock of "verified undamged" copies, how can they insure the replacement they send will be in any better shape?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
    audiomixer likes this.
  20. audiomixer

I sent them, yet, another email with pictures of the damage because all I ever got back as a response was a "form email" with no information about a possible solution. At some point, if they don't replace it or offer some sort of refund compensation, I will get in touch with my credit card company and file a complaint.

longdist01 and seacliffe301 like this.
  21. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Got my set today. The lenticular thingy is somewhat secure for the moment but looks to be hanging on by only a few threads. No beat-up box and the discs look fine. First ep played fine and I hope the rest follow suit. Princess of Harmonica indeed.

silvertrees, audiomixer and D-rock like this.
  22. brucewayneofgotham

brucewayneofgotham Forum Resident

luckily I have had zero problems

still , you would think they could invest in a roll of bubble-wrap
    and double- box, the set , at the price

silvertrees, audiomixer and The Beave like this.
  23. The Beave

Well, mine arrived yesterday in our mailbox locker....problem is the mailbox is frozen shut!!
    So, it's been a chilly night for the Box, Wife is going to try and unfreeze it today.
    Hope they packed blankets with them.
    Beave

24. audiomixer

Paper blankets.

25. The Beave

it'll be interesting to see what the freezing temp does to it. It'll thaw out naturally when she get's it out of it's cage!!:yikes:
    Beave