The Morning Show Appletv+ Jennifer Aniston Reese Witherspoon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spotlightkid, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Should be able to a free week trial. It’s only $5 month otherwise.

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

One of the best TV shows ever created, 5 stars ++ to everyone involved. They set the bar really high with season 1, hopefully they can maintain the writing for season 2.

3. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

We've only started watching this show a week & a half ago, just finishing the other night. Very impressive.

I've just read that they're all in at $15 million per episode. Production was shot single camera using the Panavision Millennium DXL2 with Panavision Primo 70 lenses, captured at 8K, mastered in 4K. Little wonder that it looks so damn good, absolutely beautiful cinematography. Looking forward to season 2.
    Production resumed in November but was halted this March due to the Coronavirus.

We came off an entire 6 season binge watch of "Power" from mid December through the end of January, now this.
    Watching episodic television of this caliber, with these budgets & production value, I'm afraid to say makes it really hard to go back to watching primetime network offerings.

coffeetime, George P and Matt Starr like this.
  4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yeah, I think they're paying Jennifer Anniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carrell $1.5 million per episode, so there's $4.5 million just in the actors. I'm guessing another $2 million for the rest of the actors, then another $2M for the producers and writers. So the rest is spent on the crew, sets, locations, and post. Still a big, great-looking show. I never thought going in that the show would be this epic, but it really is.

I liked the fact that everybody in the show is amoral to a point, and even Reese Witherspoon's character has a lot of issues. That final moment with the live segment on TV was pretty stunning.

5. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

We also started watching about a week and a half ago but my wife bailed out after “watching” two episodes or so. (Actually, as happens with many programs we watch in the evening, she was tired and slept through at least half of the second episode and then said it was boring.)

I’m not finished with season 1 yet — three episodes to go — but I think it’s really exceptionally well done with superb acting and strong scripts. It’s unfortunate that most of the people I know don’t seem to have AppleTV+ and therefore have never seen the series.

seacliffe301 likes this.
  6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Apple TV’s latest series Defending Jacob just dropped the first 3 episodes. Starts slow but by ep 3 totally hooked. Crime drama a la Big Little Lies.

kanakaris and coffeetime like this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Any idea how to contact AppleTV to notify them that there’s an episode missing of one heir shows?

8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Big time snub with the Emmy Nominations for best drama series.

9. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

The Morning Show got a reasonable number of actor & supporting actor nods, although Reese Witherspoon has been criminally overlooked. Her performance was at least the equal and carried as much dramatic weight as Jennifer Aniston & Steve Carell. Has easily been my favourite drama of the past year.

Also glad to see Defending Jacob getting a cinematography nod; once you notice the number of pulled focus shots and how they’re used, it is mightily impressive. Great drama too.

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Which show?

11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

High Town on Starz. I bought a month subscription to Starz through Apple TV. Neither AppleTV or Starz has any contact info to inquire about the missing episode.

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

You're not alone, no solution provided here.

Issue with Starz app - Apple Community

Brenald79 likes this.
  13. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Interesting. Thanks for posting that.

It’s episode 7 of 8 that’s missing. It’s a really good series even without seeing ep7.

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I thought the final ep was a bit of a misfire. When Jennifer’s character starts hurling f-bombs on-air ...? They would’ve broke for commercials long before that point. Perhaps a minor point, but frustrating for me, because I thought the show really had some amazing moments. Hated to be pulled back to reality with minor criticisms...
    Wow. Carroll’s character was just brilliantly designed and flawlessly brought to life, IMO. There was real depth there, like when he contrasted himself to Martin Short’s character, but still managed to be a monster himself. Terrific.

I think their ending would’ve been much more powerful (and believable!) if they would’ve shown the scene play out as it did in the studio (so you get to see all of what transpired), but then would’ve cut to a network feed (in Times Square, or at a viewer’s home), where the network feed was cut several minutes earlier. Would’ve shown the efforts of the characters, but also the futility of the effort, as the network would’ve never let it go that far... (IMO).

coffeetime likes this.
  15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

AppleTV just emailed me that my 1 year free subscription is extended to July. I guess they’re doing this because their new shows are delayed.

Deuce66 and George P like this.
  16. George P

George P Notable Member

My girlfriend told me that Aniston recently posted online that shooting for this show has resumed! :goodie:

Matt Starr, Dan C and coffeetime like this.
  17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

We finished the final episode last night. Great series, hitting on all cylinders. However I agree that episode 10 was a bit of a misfire. Alex' meltdown on air, wandering around the studio (which reminded me of Fred Armisen's impression of NY Mayor David Paterson), then her sudden flip to reveal everything felt a little.. forced? Canned? Gratuitous? I was waiting for Bradley to play the recording of Hannah's meltdown to Alex and then watch her reaction as she slowly realizes the truth.. then the co-anchors plot together for a big reveal. This could have even happened on the sidewalk prior to the show.

Still, I would highly recommend the show and am looking forward to season two.

The final shot of Ep 10 was brilliant.
    A stunning, stark image of an injured and angry Mitch Kessler framed by the outline/reflection of an archway, imagery evoking the outline of a TV screen. He'll be back.....

coffeetime likes this.
  18. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Season 2 trailer

Matt Starr, George P and coffeetime like this.
  19. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

looks good. Loved the first season, looking forward on second (and Central Park’s second season too).

20. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

Matt Starr likes this.
  21. George P

George P Notable Member

22. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

I just finished catching up with season 1, and yes - this is a marvelous, edge of your seat drama of the highest order.

I can’t wait for season 2!!!

George P likes this.
  23. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

It's fab. I watched it again this summer to get ready for the next season. This is Jennifer Aniston's best work since Friends.

24. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

The wife and I started watching this a week or so ago. We're almost done with the first season and have enjoyed it immensely. Glad it got picked up for another season.

Billy Infinity and George P like this.
  25. George P

George P Notable Member

Really enjoying season two so far, even if it isn't as good as season one.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    coffeetime and TurtleIsland like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.