The most boring concert you've ever been to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Captain Keefheart, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Fair enough!

I like practically everything they've done. Whatever the style, there's been enough quality material for me to rate the albums pretty highly.

Picked up their double live set they other day (mainly to get the studio track Music Time). Guess that'll be as close as I'll ever get to a Kilroy show. :)

goat65cars likes this.
  2. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Was at the Dire Straits show, do remember it being dull. Really liked the on every street record though. Some band (Cars) don’t translate well live.

Complier likes this.
  3. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

Funny, the 2005 tour was my favorite! I found the 2002 a little underwhelming personally, but that's just me!

4. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

had no idea he was playing any Genesis material on the So tour...

5. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Toss up between placebo or the editors
    Both must have had off nights and just weren’t up for it imo

Stereophonics at v festival were also dull

6. Alan Beasley

Alan Beasley Forum Resident

Was this at Memorial Hall? I remember a lot of unintelligible lyrics at that show. Love Dylan but was not impressed. Gilmore did steal the show.

TimB likes this.
  7. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

LOL! I saw Sting on that tour, but I was really into The Soul Cages at the time. So I loved it. He played a theatre here in Chicago and I LOVED it. But looking back, I would never go see that show now. I just wouldn't be into it and I can totally see how bored someone would be if they weren't into those songs.

Cassiel likes this.
  8. pocofan

pocofan Senior Member

Harry Chapin. Had a hard time staying awake

9. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

Maple Leaf Gardens, Eric Clapton, Slowhand tour. Just deadly boring.

Zeppelin fan likes this.
  10. catnipdynamite

catnipdynamite Well-Known Member

Saw The Detroit Cobras and Cheap Trick open up for Cake in 2003. Detroit Cobras were awesome and Cheap Trick put on a top-notch show.

Cake, however, was the worst live band I've ever seen. Total borefest.

11. elvisizer

elvisizer Forum Resident

The bo deans at summer fest. Broke up with the girl I was dating that liked the bo deans at the show, then fell asleep in my seat.

Fullbug likes this.
  12. BZync

BZync Senior Member

I think, with Aimee Mann, you have to have realistic expectations. I have seen her perform three times and have tickets for an upcoming Xmas Show. What I expect is to see an intimate gig in a small venue. Like a friend with an acoustic guitar playing songs. Nothing in the way of a "show", just a quiet performance. With that expectation I have never been disappointed.

13. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Did you mean van hagar?

If not, all I can say is I'll always regret that I was born after quaaludes got outlawed.

14. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Oasis, Den Bosch, Holland, 1997.

All the arrogance, bruhaha and pompous b***s*** couldn’t disguise the fact that the band was fronted by two whiny statues who spent too much time disecting Beatles albums.

15. cbmmm3

cbmmm3 Well-Known Member

The Outlaws, I think it was 1979. 4000 seat arena. maybe 200 in attendance. I assume it was disheartening for them to see vast emptiness. and it showed in their effort. boring

carlwm likes this.
  16. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I fell asleep in the balcony of the Beacon Theater during a Gov't Mule New Years show once. I just did not have the hallucinogenic firepower to keep up with the two hours of deep jamming that occurred after a reasonably long normal Mule concert. I was going nutz when they started 2004 (I think) w/ Sympathy for the Devil -> I'm Bad I'm Nation Wide but I was stone sober when I walked out of there like 4 hours later.

utopiarun and Fullbug like this.
  17. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm 99% sure Gabriel didn't play Genesis songs in 1986-87.

From what I read, he did one token Genesis song per show in 1977-78 but didn't play Genesis songs on subsequent tours.

The person who said he saw Gabriel play Genesis songs on the "So" was wrong...

18. Rich C

Rich C Forum Resident

I saw one of the So shows and it was excellent. But I was kind of disappointed at first since it was so, no pun intended, different from the make-up and mysticism that made the 1983 shows so great.

Of course being stuck in the past was completely on me. But it was a shock to see Gabriel without the make up and the show was kind of black and white, just like the LP cover.

19. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

That's what happens when you hit the Big Time... ;)

erikdavid5000 and theshape like this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I saw Gabriel twice at shows that were connected to "So". First saw him at Giants Stadium in 1986 with the "Conspiracy of Hope" tour, and then in 1988 at JFK for "Human Rights Now".

I don't really remember the 1986 show, so it left little impact, but the 1988 show literally made me a Pete fan overnight.

I was there mainly to see Springsteen, but Sting was a draw for me as well.

Pete put on the best show of the bunch! It helped that unlike 1986, he had his own stage setup, so I saw a better representation of his "real show"...

21. diamondstylus

diamondstylus Forum Resident

Squeeze in Boston 1988.

sekaer likes this.
  22. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident

not van halen.

23. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me!

I think that was the place. It was in 1994 if I remember correctly.

Alan Beasley likes this.
  24. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Saw the "So" Stuttgart show in 1987 and am positive he didn't play any non-solo material. Why would he?

25. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Sting 2012. 5000 people /15000 arena. Fakin boring

No Bull likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.