The most boring concert you've ever been to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Captain Keefheart, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Where did this show take place? Out of curiosity, I was trying to find it on "Brucebase"...

2. Fahzz

Fahzz Forum Resident

Providence College May 5 1973 according to my research. Man, I'm getting old...

johnnybrum likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

Yeah, I figured that was it - assuming you were New England based back then!

Bruce played UMass 5/73 as well but he was the first of 3 acts, so that couldn't have been the show...

4. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

Bob Dylan, 2000.. Had a lot of unjustified contempt for the audience. He put no effort whatsoever. At times he would swivel himself so his mouth was so far away you couldn't hear his voice, and if you did, it was oscillating.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    Citrus likes this.
  5. carlwm

carlwm Forum Resident

Many thanks for the full reply!

Always strange when the music seems to push all the right buttons but still doesn't connect. From the musicians you mentioned, Richard Thompson is like that for me, Up to and including Henry The Human Fly, I love his work. Since then, I like a few songs each album but no more than that. Really don't know why.

6. keef285

keef285 Forum Resident

Status Quo.......Edinburgh Empire 1973 we left half way through I mean I like 12 Bar Blues as much as the next guy but not on endless repeat.

7. keef285

keef285 Forum Resident

I still maintain that the worst support act ever was Sandy Dillon supporting Richard Thompson at the De Montford Hall Leicester......the bar did a roaring trade that night and those of us brave souls who did remain seated sat with heads in hands and even some bursts of laughter.

8. Oatsdad

So - typical Dylan show? :laugh:

Jimmy B., Fullbug and MortSahlFan like this.
  9. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

Certainly seems like it reading everyone else' posts!
    Has anyone seen him in the 70s? Just curious if they were similar experiences.

10. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Funny, i saw him at the end of 2000 as well, my one and only time seeing him. I think i got lucky because the whole experience, starting with the long sing-a-along walk from the parking lot to the venue ''Tsongas Arena, Lowell, Ma'' was one of the best concert experiences of my life, Dylan and band were terrific that night.

Fullbug and ianuaditis like this.
  11. Fahzz

Fahzz Forum Resident

That was the next day. He came back to PC in '75, standing room only, and I stayed for the whole show that time.

12. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

I remember seeing either Marshall Tucker Band or The Outlaws at Nassau Community College around 1983. Can't recall which band it was but it was boring as hell. We left. I think that was the only time I was ever coerced into attending a show I knew nothing about. I did once strike up a friendship with a music loving coworker and when we decided to go see a concert together we agreed it should be someone that neither one of us knew anything about but were aware of. We decided on Graham Parker and we both liked it a lot.

Fullbug likes this.
  13. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

In response to some comments a few pages back........my friend and I went to see Neil Diamond on a whim in 1986. It was a fantastic show and we both loved it. I could have done without Forever in Blue Jeans for 30 minutes but otherwise a great evening and $$$ well spent.

14. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Lichens at the Bottom Lounge in Chicago. Don't recall who he opened for, but I was bored. So bored I shut off the roio gear and bought a beer.

15. Oatsdad

Learned your lesson, huh? :D

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Ravi Shankar...after 3 hours it became boring if not tedious...love Ravi! he is dedicated...

WildHoneyPie9 likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Clapton leads had to be like an endless lop of misery!

MortSahlFan likes this.
  18. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Grateful Dead Live at Los Angeles Coliseum 1991-06-01 - First and last time seeing this dreadful band. It was hot, I was sober and we sat way in the back and couldn't find anyone to sell us drugs. Lots of cops and I think a mini riot, the only interesting part of the show.

MortSahlFan likes this.
  19. kippyy

kippyy Forum Resident

James Taylor in 1980 at Nassau Coliseum
    Love his music, but its better suited to small venues.

20. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Space>Drums>Riot

21. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Acoustic Donovan. Was expecting Electric Donovan.

22. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

Elvis Costello at Foxborough Stadium Mass, sometime in the 90's. Did his very best to play around with the arrangements of his most famous and beloved songs. He succeeded at driving everyone nuts.

23. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Duran Duran with Chic & Nile Rodgers. Nile really kicked ass, but DD's set was boring and uninspired. Simon was the only guy on stage who wanted to be there.

Hall & Oates a couple years ago wasn't much better. Almost all their best songs involve electronics, but the band doesn't do electronics on stage. I Can't Go For that with acoustic drums just doesn't do it for me. I really couldn't go for that. The setlist was all the hits, but no surprises.

24. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I have to say, the Interpol concert I went to (and it was in a small venue for the self-titled tour) was pretty boring. I was disappointed, but it might've just been an off show.

25. PatBateman86

PatBateman86 Forum Resident

Pet Shop Boys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.