The most boring concert you've ever been to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Captain Keefheart, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty T

Marty T Stereo Fan

How true. That is one of the funniest scenes I ever saw. It coulda been in Spinal Tap but all the more funny appearing in a real documentary.

2. Vritra

Vritra Forum Resident

Steve Winwood opening for Steely Dan at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View a few years ago. Maybe I'm not being fair to Steve - maybe it was the open air amphitheater, maybe it was the fact that the Warriors were busy losing to the Cavs in the Finals at the same time - but it just sounded uninspired and flat.

Steely Dan then came out and did a great set.

3. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Gong, Sheffield City Hall, '76(?). A real yawnathon. Pretentious bollocks. At one point a lass on stage started going "Meow, meow, meow...". Time to leave.

4. Boston, back in 2015.

5. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I saw him on the same tour in Tampa and his guitar player was sick so Winwood had to play guitar and it was AWESOME!

I was so happy to get a little taste o' Traffic while I still could. Very important on my concert list. But then on top of that you got Steve whipping out guitar solos and what not. I'll never forget that one. I was even able to buy a Traffic T-shirt. You don't see those every day!

The 'Dan was a bit shaky that night to be honest.

lemonade kid likes this.
  6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Saw Frank at the Springfield MA Civic Center in 1977 or 78, after the awful Sheik Yerbouti came out. We all left after three or four songs. Frank was just so boring.

bluesky likes this.
  7. hangwire13

hangwire13 Forum Resident

Cowboy Junkies 1987. I actually fell asleep.

Toad the Wet Sprocket 1992. Managed to stay awake, but I spent the majority of the show hanging out in the hall outside the theater debating the existence of UFOs with some girl...

8. I love Fleetwood Mac, Crowded House and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers but I must admit I was bored stiff by the FM show I saw last year featuring Neil Finn and Mike Campbell.

9. cyclistsb

cyclistsb Forum Resident

Stevie stole the show, the rest seemed like a bad cover band of Fleetwood. Mick's drum solo was fun.

10. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

Lindsey was the only good thing about them live, totally carried the others.

He certainly didn’t need the back up band behind him like the other members to hide how weak they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.