The most boring TV series of all time?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JozefK, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I honestly don't think I ever watched a single episode of "Mad". Not consciously, like I actively avoided it - just never saw it.

Or maybe I did avoid it. Outside of "Aliens" and "Beverly Hills Cop", I never much liked Paul Reiser!

GodShifter likes this.
  2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

We already established that audiomixer has a grudge against Fox. His comments shouldn't be taken seriously - branding an entire network's 30+ year run as "boring" is so ridiculous that I'm not sure why the gorts didn't delete his post...

3. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

The Walking Dead

Funnily enough, I kept watching after Frank Darabont got fired during Season 2 but decided to continue watching which was more of the same really. I stopped watching during Season 7, so yes, what a chore that was.

Matt Richardson and James RD like this.
  4. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

I didn't enjoy The Walking Dead and I found True Blood very tedious and derivative. The vampire genre was played out by the end of Season 3.
    Just because a show has fans that doesn't mean it's any good. (That also applies to reality tv.)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    cleandan likes this.
  5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You didn't miss much. I'm not a big fan of Paul Reiser, either. Funny as a crutch.

6. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

Big Bang Theory and Married with Children's humor and characters for me are mind numbing so also extremely boring.

7. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Here's John Ritter in a drama series called 'Movin' On', from 1974.
    [​IMG]

another vote for Big Bang Theory

8. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I just saw a late-season Simpsons episode that was hilarious - season 22 episode 11, The Scorpion's Tale. I laughed out loud at least a dozen times during it.

9. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Canada gave us Little Mosque on the Prairie a few years back. Dreadful.

As for boring, it's in the eye of the beholder, but everyonceinawhile I accidentally catch a minute of something that may be called Border Services, a reality program where the guards suss out illegal immigrants, dope smugglers, possible terrorists, etc. Guess I would get bored if I bothered to watch any more.

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

After Deliverance Ronny Cox got a series that was so boring I've forgotten all about it. It was screened on Saturday afternoons here just so nobody had any hope of seeing it.

11. Lukather

Lukather Forum Resident

Servant, pathetic

12. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

I watched a few Simpsons shows recently I'm amazed after 30 years they are still writing some funny stuff.

13. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

How about that show with the Pie maker. Pushing Daisies or something. Or was that the dumbest show ever?

bmasters9 likes this.
  14. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Neither dumb or boring.

I also liked Bryan Fuller's other short-lived show Wonderfalls.

15. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Rated 18 in Finland. Must be very hard-core...

There's a logical and a common reason for this of course: All features that are not officially rated (for a fee based on running time) are automatically given a rating of 18. Sometimes the importers decide that getting the feature rated is not cost-efficient.

16. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member

I watched the first dozen years religiously and didn't watch much after that-my son recently discovered it on the FXNOW app (now it's on Disney+) and I'm surprised that a lot of the episodes from the last 20 years are pretty funny. I get maybe the ratio of good vs bad isn't the same as during the classic era but generally the series doesn't deserve the bad rap it gets for the later episodes

Spaghettiows, Oatsdad and Grand_Ennui like this.
  17. a customer

true dat . funnier than 85% of the comedies still on tv. its just hip to dislike old shows when you are cutting edge on popular culture.

Grand_Ennui and Mechanical Man like this.
  18. Jay_Z

Jay_Z Forum Resident

I just don't need to see those characters any more. Futurama was better because it was different characters in a new setting. Homer Simpson, I just had enough.

GodShifter likes this.
  19. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Futurama was better because it didn't need to be rooted in the semi-reality of today's world, like The Simpsons.
    In the year 3000, the writers could do anything that they could dream up.

20. a customer

That sounds more like a personal issue instead of whether the show was still funny or not.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  21. Grootna

Grootna Senior Member

22. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

Antiques Roadshow. I think it’s ok for a little bit, but I would probably go into a coma if I tried to binge watch it. The constant crowd noise in the background is like white noise to me and makes me fall asleep!

rmath84 likes this.
  23. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Most any realty show.
    Most any contest show.
    Most any drama show.
    90% of comedy shows.

carlwm likes this.
  24. Slick Willie

Ahhh...

25. Slick Willie

re: The Simpsons

Perhaps many confuse boring with burnout?
    Great show, just been running for many, many years and on many channels in syndication.
    Hard for me to watch anymore, but I understand its importance as far as TV shows go.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.