The Pro-ject Debut Pro

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by norliss, Sep 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Possibly, but I'm not seeing any metal, looking at pics, on the cart mount.

2. Pkcpga

Pkcpga Audio Enthusiast

Haven’t seen one in person, only Projects info page, so tough to say for sure but they advertise it that way.

3. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Wish I could see one in person.
    It'd be nice to find out how much it helped. A quick way is to play an album with amp turned off and see if you can tell what song is playing standing 3 foot or more away from table.

Pkcpga likes this.
  4. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

It is fantastic that the number of very credible cheaper turntables is increasing, customers can only benefit.

Another improved model for 2021 at the budget end: Rega Planar PL1 (2021) Review: Entry-level excellence

GyroSE and willboy like this.
  5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I seem to remember Arthur Khoubesserian of Funk Firm and Pink Triangle finding Carbon Fibre arm tubes deficient in rigidity required. So maybe a good move that it is now used by Project as just a damping / cosmetic material to the metal tube. In other words composite sounds better than just Carbon Fibre.

Soundslave, bever70 and Slick Willie like this.
  6. AL01

AL01 Eh?

Has anyone compared this unit to the popular Technics models that are around the 1K price point?

Soundslave likes this.
  7. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

One thing to note about this 'comparison' is that when you unplug/plug a headshell onto the Technics, one thing that has to be adjusted for is azimuth.
    When I first looked at the second video from the first page I noticed Darko unplugging the headshell on the 1200 and then re-inserting it without checking that the azimuth was straight -there is enough play in the fastener to twist the headshell one way or the other to adjust for azimuth.
    If you just plug it back in it invariably ends up a little left or right of straight, him admitting that a second party set this up for him leads me to have little confidence in the fact that he would be adjusting for azimuth after re-inserting the cart.

bever70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.