The Rush Vinyl Pressings Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by saundr00, Aug 15, 2008.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

He's a bit senile, but he does know his labels... [​IMG]

Dr. Funk and Slick Willie like this.
  2. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

[​IMG]

3. latheofheaven

:D

Slick Willie likes this.
  4. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Today at a flea market I found a two sided RL of Moving Pictures, album jacket fair at best and the vinyl in VG condition and picked it up for $5.00 to my amazement. They did not know what they had but I did.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. latheofheaven

:righton:

6. boboquisp

boboquisp Magic Prism Eyes

I took pity on a $5 copy of Fly By Night today that I'd seen at a local for a while. Poor ring-worn thing had no inner sleeve at all, but looked pretty clean. It's a Masterdisk GK with hand-written CP3 on both sides.
    Of course it turns out to be a stunner, and even Rivendell plays quietly! And that bass! :D:thumbsup: Love it.

pexie, bru87tr, ODShowtime and 7 others like this.
  7. latheofheaven

Very nice find mate! :)

boboquisp likes this.
  8. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yeah the GK Fly by Night is incredible.

pexie, ToddBD, Rockin' Robby and 2 others like this.
  9. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Love that thing almost as much as life itself! :righton:

Echoes Myron likes this.
  10. ToddBD

ToddBD Forum Resident

Well, it’s the holidays, so that means Amazon Gift Cards (free money) and shopping for deals on Rush LPs!

First purchase came in the mail today, for slightly over $20 an original release Columbia Record Club pressing of PRESTO in mint playing condition. Last year I bought used the latest remaster of PRESTO and was highly disappointed in the deep scratch all through “The Pass,” which also affected slight parts of the surrounding tracks, that the seller didn’t bother to mention, though I was pleased with the overall sonics of the record. Happy to report that to my ears, this original pressing sounds just as good, and is a welcome addition to the collection...mastering signed by Randy Mahon Jr, if anyone else has this pressing I’d be interested to know your opinion on it.

Due in a couple of days is a SIGNALS that was, according to the seller, part of a record executive’s collection and hardly ever played, coming from NY. Since my other two copies of SIGNALS are “average” to “very good” sounding, I’m crossing my fingers that this one could be an RL judging by where it’s coming from...which would be killer. It’s a total shot in the dark, so if it’s not an RL, I’ll still be happy with the mint playing condition.

11. ToddBD

ToddBD Forum Resident

Agreed...I have only one Fly By Night, and it’s a GK...the music just leaps off the turntable.

Rockin' Robby and Echoes Myron like this.
  12. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Just remember he only initialed side 1, but handwriting on side 2 should be the same.

ad180 and ToddBD like this.
  13. ToddBD

ToddBD Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip!

14. ToddBD

ToddBD Forum Resident

Alas, my Signals that showed up today was not an RL, but it is a minty BK cut pressed in Hauppage, NY that sounds wicked good. Pretty happy with it.

Rush - Signals

Side 1 SRM-1-4063-AS-HRM2 C-2 MASTERDISK BK
    Side 2 SRM-1-4063-BS-HRM A-3 MASTERDISK BK

pexie, Echoes Myron and Dr. Funk like this.
  15. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Some of my vinyl collection
    [​IMG]

ytserush, ToddBD and Slick Willie like this.
  16. ModernDayWarrior

17. ModernDayWarrior

18. ModernDayWarrior

19. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Nothing wrong with that......Bill Kipper cuts some great sounding pressings.

c-eling and ToddBD like this.
  20. ToddBD

ToddBD Forum Resident

Yep...liked it so much I played it twice :righton:

Next to come is a promo pressing of Hold Your Fire, including the 8x10 photo of the boys...anxious to hear how that one sounds as well.

c-eling likes this.
  21. ModernDayWarrior

Just went to a local record store and picked up an Anthem pressing of the debut album. Looks like it’s a second pressing that was issued in 1977. Really great shape as well. It was $26 but I figured WTH, you don’t see an Anthem pressing on vinyl in the States to often, especially in that condition.

22. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Got a few Kipper's as well I enjoy, but something is seriously wrong with Exit (BK), was that just the recording? I mean I enjoy a nice warm EQ but geesh... :laugh:

ToddBD likes this.
  23. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Picked this up at one of my locals masterdisk GK in deadwax for under $20 I think was a good deal

24. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I'm pretty sure my Exit.......Stage Left is an RL. It's definitely been a little bit since I've listened to that album, so I don't remember how it sounds.

c-eling likes this.
  25. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Nice sounding cut :)