"The Venture Bros." Ongoing Discussion (The Thread of Calamitous Intent)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, May 29, 2008.

1. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

Yup, that shirt. Cool design. That message on screen was indeed great.
    I also really enjoyed the different echo sounds all over the building, as you mentioned. That was hysterical.

vince likes this.
  2. mcchocchoc

After Aqua Teen was cancelled, Venture Bros and Robot Chicken became the longest running shows. I think VB came before RC.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

Yeah, but...
    They DO wait a year (or two) between seasons..

mcchocchoc likes this.
  4. mcchocchoc

Yup. Looong waits. As far as number of seasons, Aqua Teen had 11, that's the most for an [as] show. Squidbillies will hit 11 seasons next run. I think Robot Chicken has 10 . . .

5. mcchocchoc

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  6. vince

7. mcchocchoc

From the little bit of info out here it sounds like he is doing better than he was. Wishing him the best.

[​IMG]

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

"...so I'll seduce the Wampa and sell you out to the Empire.":laugh:

vince likes this.
  9. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Season Nine out on BluRay June 4!!!

commentary tracks on every episode plus extended/deleted scenes.

10. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Great news! I was getting worried about Adult Swim would follow the course of everyone else by only offering the episodes via streaming only. Just yesterday, I almost purchased the season on Amazon Prime streaming.

vince likes this.
  11. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Thank you for the info! This is one of our favorite shows and we don't have television so we have to wait for the blurays to be able to see the episodes. We have also resisted paying to get them on Amazon Prime.

It is season 7, not season 9...

vince likes this.
  12. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Right you are!

(oops) :hide:

13. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

I'd bought it from iTunes last Christmas when it was on sale but I'll get the discs too. As was surely their plan.

14. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

My husband and I finished season 7 on BluRay last night. Overall, we liked it but we do rank it as one of the weaker seasons of the series (along with season 5). There was a lot of exploration of lore and some cool revelations--I've thought that the Monarch and Rusty could be brothers for years!--and several strong episodes. The penultimate episode with the blizzard and the lawn darts was probably my favorite. But I am a little tired of the Guild bureaucracy stuff. I do miss the days of adventures.

I do love what they've done with Dean and Hank, though. I love seeing how they have grown and changed. Dean at Hank's bedside was probably my favorite scene of the season.

IronWaffle and vince like this.
  15. vince

yeah, it's a very different world from when they first started making these.....
    who knows?...next season could be the last..........

16. vince

I've been doing some searching....all is quiet in Venture-land....
    Perhaps, the last season was....the LAST season????????

17. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Doc & Jackson are notorious for their sporadic season drops (probably since season 4 onward.) Sometimes it's lack of story/creative drive. Other times it's budgetary from which ever studio their based out of now (Williams St I think or Adult Swim). So season 9 could pop up next week, next year, or yeah... FIN. :shtiphat:

18. vince

Of the only 'fairly recent' things I saw in my search was Doc's band, The Weep has an album of 'covers'!
    Songs Nobody Wanted Us To Cover, by the Weep
    From "Sugar, Sugar" to "Pearly- Dewdrop's Drops"!

mcchocchoc likes this.
  19. mcchocchoc

They have been working on season 8 for a couple of years plus now. I had recently heard that production was delayed due to the pandemic. Doc's health situation also likey delayed production. Seems like a 2021 release at this point.

dbsea and charlie W like this.
  20. vince

Thanks for the info!

mcchocchoc likes this.
  21. mcchocchoc

Well.... what's going on with the show.? Yesterday Ken Plume, who wrote and put together the excellent VB book, seemed to indicate that the show has been cancelled. WTF?!?!?! Does that mean it will end after the next season or will we not get season 8 (that they were working on). Lots of assuming and guessing among the fan base. No word from [as] or Jackson & Doc. Jackson did "like" Ken's tweet.
    There are several threads over on reddit (Venture Bros & [as]) about this. Very curious as to what's going on. At the very least a wrap up special would be great if we don't get a full season. I'll be keeping an eye open to see how this plays out.
    (The guys took part in a dragon-con panel last night and did not mention the show).

Here is a link to one thread about this . . .
    Cancelled!?! Jackson and Doc are doing a Q&A on Monday, I wonder if this is going to be the topic? : venturebros

And here is an article about that tweet....
    Venture Bros. Art Book Author Says Show is Cancelled

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    vince likes this.
  22. bem

bem Forum Resident

I hope not
    Such a well written show.

ianuaditis likes this.
  23. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Maybe they could continue with an audio drama.

24. vince

Yet aNOTHER reason why 2020 sucks!

25. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I was hoping we would hear something about the series from this year's ComiCon. It would not surprise me at all if the series is canceled by Adult Swim/Cartoon Network. It's now owned by AT&T and you see how they're driving HBO and DirectTV into the ground. The pandemic, Doc's health and increasing production/animation costs probably made it an easy decision for them. Maybe Jackson and Doc could get a distribution deal with a streaming service and no longer worry about Adult Swim's incessant censorship.