The Walking Dead on amc

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Mark in Minnesota

Mark in Minnesota Forum Resident

The last episode of the season is the Negan backstory, which should be interesting. The lady playing his wife Lucille on the show is actually Jeffery's wife.

MikeInFla, Scope J and Lewisboogie like this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Princess shaves her pits
    during the apocalypse?!

3. mace

mace Forum Resident

This show has finally entered the abyss.
    Four episodes in and we’ve snoozed through Daryl and Carol, Gabriel and Aaron and now Princess.
    Total waste of screen time. Put a fork in it’s head, it’s done.
    Would rather watch a two hour movie of Two Broke Girls than this crap.
    Kang no better than Gimple, maybe worse.

4. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

you realize these episodes are really bonus episodes as a bridge before season 11 right? like an extension of season 10 to fill in before 11 begins. they were filmed seperately from 10 and i for one am damn glad we have them so the wait is not so long.

The Walking Dead boss reveals details about season 10's additional episodes
    "There's sort of an anthological feel to some of them."

The Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang has revealed details about season 10's bonus episodes. Earlier this summer, AMC announced that six additional instalments for the current season will air next year – described as an "extension of episodes beyond the finale" – before the 11th (and final) season. Speaking on AMC's The Walking Dead Universe Preview Special (via ComicBook.com), Kang explained that the episodes will almost play out like an anthology run and be more character-driven.
    But there is also a practical reason behind focusing on individual characters. "The episodes are all designed to be filmed safely during this pandemic that we're in," she said. "There's sort of an anthological feel to some of them. They're really deep dives into our characters, which I hope people enjoy. "We've been enjoying working on something that's a little bit different from what we were doing in the main part of season 10. "We just get to feature different people and tell these little stories that all kind of add up to a picture of what our survivors are going through, and that will lead us into season 11 eventually."

Pizza likes this.
  5. mace

mace Forum Resident

Still a snooze fest.

Lewisboogie and ChazFromCali like this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and yet they still walk! lots of laughs...

7. Michael

I gotcha there! ; )

mace likes this.
  8. Michael

we were walking with a dozen or more a few weeks ago...

9. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

to each there own. the Darryl/Leah ep was quite good IMO.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

it was just borrowing time...pointless...IMO.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  11. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I stopped watching last year, but a binge watch would catch me up quickly!!! :bone:

12. Scope J

Odd little ep.

13. ChazFromCali

ChazFromCali INTJ

Same here. But a couple weeks ago I DL'd Seasons 9 & 10 and binged watched them to catch up on what's going on. FF on a lot of the brooding parts. A few good episodes in the bunch. Pretty much samo samo, but I'm wondering is Negan really changed. What else is there on this show, besides Rick returning or an explanation of where he went.

14. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I understand the bridge episodes factor, social distancing required...but that was a weak episode.

kouzie likes this.
  15. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

Probably the least interesting episode ever. It was the kind of stuff you'd see on a "webisode". A semi-humourous aside rather than a main episode. Didn't move the big story along in any way

Lewisboogie likes this.
  16. Thank god Carol took care of the rat problem and was able to start baking. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

:yawn:

17. Scope J

18. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

Ya, me too, it was riveting.
    I was so hoping she'd post the recipe, that would have just been the icing on the cake.
    Heyyyy,, maybe next week she could bake a cake.
    Wow, the excitment, the possibilties....

Lewisboogie likes this.
  19. It was 2nd only to the sheer dramatic excitement of watching Daryl repair his motorcycle.

johnod and Lewisboogie like this.
  20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I enjoyed the German Shepard Dog Scenes mostly in this past episode. Was funny as the Dog was watching Carol chasing the Rat, as if the Dog was trying to to say with the Facial Expression, "What? You got mad at me the last time I tried to help capture that Rat!"

The Episode with Negan's Backstory with his Wife(Lucille) coming up next looks to have the potential to be the Best Episode of the Season(which the 2nd Part in recent Months have mostly been boring). From One Lucille(Wife) to the Next One(Bat)-Bring It!

Shawn and Lewisboogie like this.
  21. Michael

how many epps left in S10?

22. Scope J

Good Negan ep.

Was hoping they'd show the

beginnings of the Saviours,
    as in the Here's Negan comic.

Shawn and Lewisboogie like this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Season 10 Finale was the Best Episode since the First Episode(End of Season #6) that introduced us to Negan and Lucille(The Baseball Bat, not his Wife:agree:). Hillary Burton Morgan(Jeff’s Real Life Wife) nailed her role to create an entire Character within just one Episode that not only made us care about her, but provided the backstory on why Negan had become the Vicious Leader as depicted earlier in the Series. Also Jeff probably put in his Best Acting so far in this Series, or at least tied with the First 2 Episodes he appeared in this Series. Will not provide any potential spoilers yet, until others here have had at least 5-6 Days to watch it.

As far as how the story lines up with comic book, I have no clue, as stopped reading comic books when I was 11-12 years old and even then, only rarely read one, and none of my friends read comics. Sports, Music and Girls took up my time outside of School. Actually, I had no idea that TWD was based on a comic book until Negan was in his First Episode, and heard others mentioning the comic book to guess which cast members were whacked by Lucille prior to the First Episode of the following Season that kept us guessing. I thought it was going to be Daryl, as figured Negan would want to eliminate Rick’s Strongest Group Member, or maybe Michone for the same reason. Of course, my guesses were totally wrong. I just doubted he would kill Carl, being only a kid.

I think that Covid really hurt the quality of the episodes this season overall, as apparently it limited the number of Characters utilized in several of those episodes, so glad the Season Finale was most excellent.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  24. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

As Chris Hardwick said on Talking Dead, this was not only the best episode of Season 10, but may have
    been the best episode of the entire series. Everything came together in this, the writing, the cast's
    performances, and the filming. The entire backstory of Negan and Lucille (his wife) was fascinating
    to watch from start to finish. And Jeffery's wife should get an Emmy for her performance....

25. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

I liked the episode as well - there were a few duds in this batch, a couple of good ones, but this definitely was the highlight.

I'm mentally figuring out the amount of Easter Eggs in the episode. The Iron Maiden poster over the bed was for the album Live After Death. And when Lucille turned on the car radio it sounded like the news report from Night of the Living Dead - and then she turned the station and found the theme from Return of the Living Dead. I thought there was another but it's slipping right now - anyone notice others?

kouzie, sixtiesstereo and Lewisboogie like this.