The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

What happened to the woman that saw Dwight change sides?

2. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

So one week everyone's using bullets sparingly because they're running out and the next week they're spraying bullets everywhere like they're Round-Up. Continuity? Never heard of it.

Scott222C, EVOLVIST and Shawn like this.
  3. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

A mixture of predictable (the injured Hilltop people turning) and unpredictable (the dumb kid letting the Savior POWs go). Why did they not have more guards supervising the injured, knowing full well that some of them were injured badly and may die and turn into walkers? Even without knowing of the Saviors' use of walker blood, this should have been a routine precaution. And didn't Morgan already tell the kid he'd killed the one responsible for killing his brother? How many adults does it take to supervise one kid?

The Saviors (under Simon) also attempted yet another all-out attack but were forced to retreat by one of the colonies. Alexandria just did the same thing to them not too long ago. Like the above poster said, where is all the extra ammunition coming from? Hasn't there been a lot of talk on both sides about "oh no we're running out of bullets"? The way they keep attacking it sure doesn't look like it. Eugene (and where has he been?) has supposedly not started making bullets yet but everyone is firing left and right like they're playing Call of Duty. Huh.

(OT but the Terror thing afterwards looked interesting)

Shawn likes this.
  4. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Maybe battle fatigue and the sound of all the guns being fired etc can't be good for the ears.

5. If I was living in the zombie apocalypse, I'd sleep with one eye open. Or at least have someone stay awake on look-out duty!

beat_truck and Hall Cat like this.
  6. Kossoff is God

Kossoff is God Forum Resident

How did the little twerp get the key to confront the captured Saviors? For living in the zombie apocalypse, the Hilltop people are very deep sleepers when we hear every character on the show say they can never get a good night sleep knowing the world they live in now.

Morton LaBongo and Hall Cat like this.
  7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

The thing with having everybody sleeping inside of the Hilltop house is that it extra-telegraphed that it was all a set up to have someone "turn" and have a bunch of innocent bystanders in close proximity.

There's just zero nuance or subtlety to this show. Unless you count making the shot of Tara being injured so dark and confusing that I didn't know for sure what had happened.

8. Morton LaBongo

I think it was 2 or 3 weeks past, on the episode where Dwight returned to the Saviors and they found the ham radio shack. After coming out of the brush he says something to the Saviors' group like "Hey have you seen so-and-so?" He was apparently checking to see if he was still "safe" with that group. One of the Saviors said they hadn't seen her. I forget exactly what happened to her. She may have died, or the writers will follow up later.

Ethan B likes this.
  9. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em! Thread Starter

Good catch, yes he did, with Carol right next to him. The kid would have no reason to doubt Morgan, I wouldn't think, so it doesn't make sense that he went out to the prisoners in the middle of the night. It also didn't make sense that he actually unlocked the pen and went in. He could have done anything he wanted from the outside just as easily.

How many more times will Rick & Negan tussle one on one, only to have them both escape, despite their vows to kill each other? It's beyond tiresome at this point. Resolve this.

10. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

If you watch that scene again Morgan was less than convincing. No doubt the kid saw through him.

11. Rick should have chopped Sadiq right in the head with that tomahawk he carries around?

I would like to see a Jesus & Michonne Ballet on Ice.

How do Zombies know to stand? Usually people don't die standing up, so a zombie will be laying down. Then how does the Zombie even know to get up, when it's been explained to us, by Doctor Jenner, that they only have a few motor skills and a lust for death?

Is The Walking Dead eligible for a Daytime Emmy?

Rick has been questioning himself a lot lately. I think suicide is the answer.

Really, I think in a zombie apocalypse, there would be a lot more suicides.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Alternative4 likes this.
  12. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Another stall-tactic, time-wasting, stretching-it-out episode.

The one bit I'll give them credit for is when Rick chopped the Savior guy in the neck, that was the first in-the-moment surprising (in a good way) moment on this show probably in YEARS. Sure, it was basically a retread of what Rick did to that guy back at the prison. But I appreciated slightly revisiting the vibe the show had in scenes like the abandoned bar with Rick, Hershel, and Glenn.

I'm also pretty sure they either cut out an entire Negan-Jadis scene, or they executed some of the worst writing/editing in the history of this show when Negal *OUT OF NOWHERE* all of a sudden had a gun, a flare, and a bunch of Jadis's treasured pictures, all while still partially tied up. Yes, I realize it doesn't require much to deduce he must have slithered his way over to somewhere where Jadis had, for no good reason, left a bag full of "Stuff Negan Can Escape With and/or Kill Me With and/or Barter With."

But at first I was convinced I had either fallen asleep or that my cable provider had dropped the signal and skipped a scene. Super weird.

Aside from that, the Jadis stuff could have been interesting if they didn't drag it out with zero added context or bits of information. They make even potentially-interesting mysteries boring by executing the writing and editing so poorly.

The Carol-Morgan conversation was beyond tedious, with each of them just blurting out sort of non-sequitur, generalized statements.

Morgan's "I'm not right!" will, however, be added to the awful-but-awesome lines, right along side Michonne's "I save you a turnip" and that Savior telling Enid “They're vegetables. Use the whole word. We have time.”

13. spewey

spewey Senior Member

14. Morton LaBongo

Yep, I had to watch this one twice to figure out what happened. Jadis' motivation to leave weapons and her prized possessions next to Negan made no sense really, other than to further the plot point of extending Negan's life by some strange miracle. Then suddenly, that's all over with and he's driving a car heading back to his base. One minute she was going to kill him, but one heartwarming conversation later, that's seemingly forgotten. No explanation. It's just like when the Saviors suddenly were being wiped out by Rick's group and they were surrounded by walkers everywhere and then next thing you know, they have thousands of bullets and are destroying Alexandria and taking over the Kingdom. What happened to the hundreds of walkers and all that talk of "oh no we're really low on ammo"? Eugene obviously pulled some trick off-screen to get them out of it, but considering the severity of the situation, it all seemed very poorly explained. And then right after that they suddenly get wiped out by a sneak attack in the Kingdom. Huh.

Last night was yet another instance where we see that Saviors somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. It seems safe to assume at this point that anytime we see the Saviors get the upper hand, some kind of deus ex machina in reverse (this time a walker horde) will work against them and lead to Rick's group rescuing themselves somehow. Rick's cold-bloodedness in turning on the redshirt Saviors who had just cut him and Morgan loose and gave him weapons was an interesting twist, although he has already done this before. The only thing that really captured my interest was speculating on who it was that Negan picked up on his was back to his base. Obviously it is someone viewers would have recognized - if it was some generic Savior, it wouldn't have mattered. My guess is that it's the Savior woman from a few episodes back who figured out Dwight was a traitor. If so, it now raises the question of how Negan will deal with Simon and Dwight.

15. furrykittens

furrykittens Forum Resident

I had the same feeling when Negan had the flare, like I had missed an entire scene leading up to that point or something. I also did not get the helicopter. It appeared, left, and then wasn't really talked about.

16. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Okay. So if you are contaminated with walker blood on an arrow or knife you will die from the infection and then reanimate.
    So then why did Rick bother to chop off that guy's arm, who was bitten, with the very same axe he uses to chop walkers in the head?

Shawn, Ethan B and Witchy Woman like this.
  17. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

KONA!!!

(Kill Off Negan Already)

Same as the poster above, I wonder if Negan picked up the gal who knows that Dwight joined up with the Alexandrians. And if Negan is going to play dumb about it until the right moment and drag it all out.

tommy-thewho and furrykittens like this.
  18. spewey

spewey Senior Member

This show is waaaaaaay off the rails. Every time I think it can't get worse... it does.

19. furrykittens

furrykittens Forum Resident

I thought it was either that girl or Gregory. I couldn’t remember what happened to him in the chaos of everything.

20. Morton LaBongo

Interesting, I hadn't thought about Gregory. I haven't seen him since the Saviors' escape and he might be wandering around out there. Other than him or Laura (that's the name of the woman who knows Dwight is a traitor) I can't imagine who it'd be.

21. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Dialog, logic & common sense are not this show's strong points. Please don't ask me to name the strong points.

22. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

My life has really improved since I stopped watching. In addition to lower BP and new hair growth, a woman gave me her number the other day (totally unexpected) and I have a new music project cooking.

Negan is already dead to me. Why wait?

Gumboo, MikeInFla and tommy-thewho like this.
  23. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Strong enough to keep you coming back for next season.

24. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

No, I don't think so. I realized tonight when I was watching it, that if the people that make the show don't care about the viewer anymore, then why should I care about the show? I also realized that there's no one on the show that I give a rat's butt about anymore. I'll finish the season but watching this is turning into an act of masochism.

Scott222C, Hall Cat and tommy-thewho like this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gotta love Negan...look how much he pisses off people in the real world.
    He ain't goin' nowhere...hysterical. He's as lucky as Ringo.
    I like Negan and I'm looking forward to the future shows with him...

Hall Cat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.