The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I meant to pop in and say how much I actually enjoyed "Scars," but got sidetracked. It really kept me interested, and I'm kinda liking NuNegan. :eek:

MikeInFla, kouzie and Hall Cat like this.
  2. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

easily the best episode IMO since the end of last season. so well acted and story told in an outstanding way. i do want more Negan but the details and how they were presented this week are a sign for more quality ahead

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm still waiting for a good episode since the return...this show should be moved to the afternoon line-up amongst the soap opera's...I cannot believe how much this show has tanked...

Toddarino, johnod and Scott222C like this.
  4. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

sorry but that comment is absurd

t3chnobrat and Hall Cat like this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

likewise...; )

6. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Well IMO the show has improved in the sense that I'm starting to care about the characters again.

windfall likes this.
  7. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Yikes, next episode (15) is a tough to watch, get ready...

Hall Cat likes this.
  8. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident

I'll have to stay off this page until I watch it Monday night to avoid spoilers. I'm really digging this years storyline.

9. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Stay away from everything if you want to be surprised

10. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

For my money, that was the best episode in Walking Dead history

MikeInFla, kouzie and tommy-thewho like this.
  11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Great job WD.

I thought it would come down to next week but no..

MikeInFla likes this.
  12. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The Newest Episode last night was Awesome. Makes up for several Crappy Episodes the past 2 Seasons. TWD had definitely gotten better since Scott Gimple was replaced by Angela Kang this Season as the Showrunner. I like how she has expanded the role of Daryl(Norman Reedus) this Season now that Rick was killed off. The only problem that I have with the Show is that there are too many Characters, so several of them go for a few episodes with little or no appearances(talking mostly about Main Characters on the Show).

I think Negan will bring Lucille and Team up with Michonne & Carol to take out Alpha in a Future Season. I get the sense that Negan really is coming around to want to join forces with those in Rick's Group, who he was at war with(and what is a few Previous Splattered Heads, Reconstructed Grilles and Eye Removal Surgery among what could be now considered Friends? "Hey, you got your blood all over Lucille!").

I am just guessing about this idea though, as I have not read any Comic Books(errr... Graphic Novels for Adult Nerds) on the Show, and did not even know TWD was based on a Comic Book Series until it was a guessing game all over the internet(linked Yahoo Articles) in between Seasons(6 & 7?) on who Negan was going to kill off from the People in Rick's Group, who were captured. Then hearing on Talking Dead about the Whisperers as part of Future Seasons, when Chris Hardwick mentioned it in relation to the Comic Books was the only reason I knew there was going to be a New Evil Group.

Props to the Show Creators for adding Ryan Hurst(Opie from Sons of Anarchy) as the Beta Character. He was recently on a Show(forget the Name of the Show) about Mountain People that looked good in a few episodes I saw, but never watched the entire Series(think lasted 2-3 Seasons).

MikeInFla likes this.
  13. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Excellent episode! I’m so glad I don’t read the comics because that would lessen the impact of the show’s storyline, even though the show doesn’t follow the comic book series exactly. Last night’s episode is a good example of that. The ending came as a surprise and was quite powerful— and sad.

tommy-thewho and MikeInFla like this.
  14. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I watched the episode via DVR slightly after it started to fast forward through the commercials. The show "ended" after an hour, but clearly it wasn't over yet. Luckily I turned on AMC a few minutes later and was able to pickup most of the rest of the 85-minute episode. At the beginning of Talking Dead, they mentioned they got a lot of complaints saying that the DVR timing was way off and I'm sure a lot of pissed off viewers as a result. Wondering if that as an AMC or (at least in my case) a DirecTV screw up. Unfortunate as the episode was pretty great. Actually, this entire 1/2 season has been really good and shocking that the series could have such a turnaround after so many terrible seasons. Clearly having Scott Gimble out as showrunner has had a positive effect on the show. Can't wait for next week!

Hall Cat likes this.
  15. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

had the same problem on my DVR. thank goodness Chris Hardwick gave a warning before talking about the episode. i was able to go to Xfinity On Demand to watch full episode. had to sit through commercials though. amazing episode. left me gobsmacked. a couple of characters that never wanted to lose are now gone. thank god that the ones i was REALLY worried about are still around. looking forward to next week and beyond.

16. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Indeed, TWD is getting better. Now only if Fear TWD will as well. The last season of that one was weak, IMO. The new characters aren't as interesting as the ones from seasons 1 and 2, IMO on that show.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  17. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

A lot of people were complaining about that, and rightfully so. Fortunately, Dish had the entire full length so
    my DVR recording was complete. But why would DirecTV screw this up? Very odd and incompetent.
    But agree it was a riveting episode.

18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Wow. Just wow. Talk about weeding some people out, some I didn't expect!

Witchy Woman and jlocke08 like this.
  19. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

not just a Direct TV problem. my Comcast same issue

20. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident

OMG Best episode ever.. Other Carl's head on a stake. That was just the cherry on a sundae.

Linger63, MikeInFla and Shawn like this.
  21. MikeInFla

I ended up watching it on the AMC app on my phone. Then this evening I decided to watch it on my TV and my DVR did the same as everyone else- cut out the last 25 min. I have Wow! Internet. Watching Talking Dead now and looking forward to the next podcast on Home

22. Wolverine 05

Wolverine 05 Forum Resident

Started watching at the beginning of the series but I stopped after the first 3 episodes of season 8. The pacing became very predictable after season 6 and the characters seemed to lose their edge. Might go back to it at some point but I don't know.

23. MikeInFla

You need to see this week's episode. One of the best in a LONG time.

t3chnobrat likes this.
  24. Yeah my Comcast cut it off after the first hour. Thought I only missed a minute or two until I read this thread.

Had to let the entire hour reply first since it’s one of those on demand where you can’t speed forward. So I played records over it until the final half hour kicked in.

25. MikeInFla

Same here, on the AMC app you can't really skip so I watched it on my phone. Then last night when I wanted to see the end on the big screen that is when I discovered that the show cut off after 60 minutes.

I gotta say I haven't been shocked by an episode like this one since Sophia walked out of the barn. Even Glen & Abe, you knew what was going to happen you just didn't know who it was going to be. One more episode to go too! This one played out like a finale. As someone stated earlier, it is time to break out Lucille and let Negan do his magic. But do we really want to reawaken the monster?

Michael and Mazzy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.