"The Wall Live In Berlin" Clear Vinyl RSD Release.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gonfishn, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonfishn

gonfishn Senior Member Thread Starter

I got to hear a copy of "The Wall Live In Berlin" and I was left thanking god I didn't spend my hard earned money on it. No Bass to the mix at all. This release sounds like a bootleg recording. I was very disappointed. The way this album was mixed is terrible, vocals are way to prominent in the mix and the drums are almost none existent. Maybe my expectations were to high but from my point of view I wouldn't waste my money. Just My Humble Opinion.

2. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

I went into a record store today, and they had a bin labeled "RSD Drops" or whatever, I saw this 2LP release there for 35€?? , I had a "original" copy in the 90's I hated that I dumped several years ago for 5€ or so. Having Jerry Hall and other 90's ex hipsters blurring in on this is awful. Good riddance.

3. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

I picked this up, hadn’t heard it before. I recently listened to the Wall live from the recent tour and really enjoyed it so I thought I would like this too...

Very much a product of its time this one. Roger and his gal pals ****ting it up lol, the first side is a little hard to sit through. As the op said, the mix is a bit poor too. Overall it seems to get better as it goes on, not a fan of Van Morrison’s vocals on Comfortably Number though...

The clear vinyl records a very nice though as is the rest of package.

4. gonfishn

gonfishn Senior Member Thread Starter

I couldn't agree more
    I couldn't agree more. I just never expected the mix to be so bad, but the time in which it was recorded also had a lot to to do with it. I really am glad as I said it wasn't my money. Everyone else, listen to the concert on YouTube or the CD version. Exact same mix.

5. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

Interesting. This is the one I was going to make some effort to track down post-RSD, the only item on my sort of my secondary list, but based on the reviews here, I'm glad I didn't.

6. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

I think you should pick it up so you can suffer with the rest of us.

Musical Chairs and tomjonze like this.
  7. Different strokes for different folks, but I have always enjoyed Van's Comfortably Numb, the inclusion of members of The Band and I loved both Bryan Adam's and Paul Carrack's performances. I've watched the DVD far more than listened to the audio though so that might be a factor.

Crimson Witch and tomjonze like this.
  8. theMot

theMot Forum Resident

Carrack’s bit is one of the better parts. Can’t be swayed on comfortably numb though, Van just removes all the character of it. I would listen to that Scissor Sisters version before that.

...Ok I was joking about the Scissor sisters. NO WAY I WOULD DO THAT!

Scatterling of Africa likes this.
  9. Musical Chairs

Musical Chairs Forum Resident

You'll be pleased to know there were still a lot left at the record store this afternoon, so I did.

Scatterling of Africa and theMot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.