The weakest track on album Blizzard of Ozz by Ozzy Osbourne?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RedBarchetta, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

We all know "Crazy Train" is overplayed and over-commercialized, but it is still an iconic metal song with an epic riff and blazing double-tracked solo. Hard to believe anyone thinks it is the weakest song on Blizzard of Ozz.

2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

It's not absurd... it's my personal least-favourite song on the album.

It's a definitely skip for me.

hi_watt likes this.
  3. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident

This was an exceedingly difficult decision.
    I didn't pick "No Bone Movies" because I don't like it. It just made me kinda laugh.

4. Suicide Solution, by far. It commits the cardinal sin of being . . . boring. Don't love "Dee" either, but it's a nice respite. Rest of the album is great (No Bone Movies fares much better on Tribute).

carlwm and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  5. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

The heaviest song on the album is "boring?" OK, whatever.

6. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I thought I would be the first to vote for Solution. You beat me by less than a minute! But I like the whole album.

I like No Bone Movies, BTW.

7. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

I picked No Bone Movies.

Looks like I picked right! :)

Just not a very interesting track to me.

8. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Adding artist names to thread titles help members find threads when performing searches.

9. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Don’t agree in the least.

BryanA-HTX, dkmonroe and Paulette like this.
  10. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

"Steal Away" def the most let's just fax this in cornball filler. The rest is damn good, esp. listening to NM- original gangster wax! :cool:

11. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I love Steal Away!

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

"Steal Away" is awesome.

500Homeruns and sunking101 like this.
  13. Boring riff. Fairly silly wordplay (although a serious subject at its core). And most importantly, the vocal melody goes nowhere. Just not interesting. Even has one of Rhoads' least interesting solos on the album. It's just not very good (and is surrounded by excellent material).

carlwm likes this.
  14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Again, don't agree, but I guess you've written more popular and better crafted tunes?

BryanA-HTX likes this.
  15. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

There are no weak tracks. It's one of the best hard rock/classic metal albums of all time IMO. I see that No Bone Movies is the runaway winner in this poll but that riff, that solo??:eek:

Paulette likes this.
  16. dkmonroe

I totally disagree. I love the hallucinatory coda (where I visualize multiple phantom Randys appearing on stage with each chord).

Paulette and GodShifter like this.
  17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

What's that got to do with anything?

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Zero. Admittedly, a lame retort but I often have a big bag of nothing :laugh:

19. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I Don't Know...

if there is actually a weak track to be found. :pineapple:

20. That's about as relevant to the discussion as is whether or not you've ripped off a 20 yard run in the place of Ezekiel Elliott. The subject at hand was a vote for "weakest track on Blizzard of Ozz." I've stated why I felt that one qualifies (as the weakest track on an absolutely classic album). It's the one track I skip, both here and on Tribute. The exceptionally poor Ozzy melody is probably the bigger culprit than is the guitar work. Agree that the end is the strongest part, but I tend to lose interest before getting there.

Contract SuSol to the truly great material: the epic chord progressions on Revelation, the stunning solo on Mr. Crowley, and the all-out barnburning rock (and great vocal melodies) on I Don't Know and Crazy Train. To me, Suicide Solution really pales against those. Plus, the lyric wants to be clever, but it's kind of cliched.

I'll add that I think Diary of a Madman is a better album than is Blizzard of Ozz.

GodShifter likes this.
  21. dkmonroe

The fact that "Mr. Crowley" is currently the only track untarnished with a vote makes me wish I voted for it.

22. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Fair enough! So do I! I certainly wouldn't pick Suicide Solution from this album. I haven't owned or heard it for years, but I remember side 2 being weaker than side 1 and No Bone Movies being crap, with a crap title too. I even thought it was naff when I was about 12!

It's got no votes so far, and it is far from the weakest track, but I don't think Mr. Crowley is all that great.

GodShifter likes this.
  23. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

C'mon, y'all! "Steal Away" filler track is pulling away from "Goodbye to Romance" which is actually a finely crafted proto-Power Ballad. "Dee" is an instrumental. Not a proper song.

24. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Wait, a "proto-power ballad" in 1980? :biglaugh:

My vote is definitely "No Bone Movies" as well. Not bad at all, but it is the weakest. I do like "You Looking..." better as well, but I don't think the album would flow as well with it coming after "Mr. Crowley". I've never tried listening, though.

"Steal Away the Night" kicks ass. Just a flat-out rocker with a cool riff.

500Homeruns likes this.
  25. Great album, not a clunker on it, but I would say "No Bone Movies" is the weakest track.

sandimascharvel and chilinvilin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.