The Yoko Ono Reissue Project: out November 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mindgames, Sep 6, 2016.

1. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Well of course it won't actually be a 'faithful recreation' because if it were it would be on black vinyl with an Apple label, not white vinyl with a bloomin' grapefruit.

audiomixer and Culpa like this.
  2. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Oh yeah, I forgot about the darn grapefruit. That just seems wrong. :mad:

3. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Would you prefer a bloomin' onion?? :shh:

[​IMG]

jupiter8 and audiomixer like this.
  4. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I have the original vinyl box set and the Ryko CD. All done!

5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Since it's their 50th wedding anniversary, the stand-alone release seems appropriate.

6. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Damn, you're right!!! Didn't even think of that.. Good call! :righton:

7. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I'll give Chimera Music a few days to get a listing up (there's nothing up as of a minute ago). Maybe there'll be an extra of some kind again (t-shirt! patch! lip balm!).
    I'll post that if someone here doesn't get to it before I do. RH

8. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I've got a very nice Japanese Ryko CD box set of it which is a full replica and includes the bonus tracks, so that would cover you. It didn't cost me much but it was years ago, not sure what it goes for now without checking.

9. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

The amazon.com posting has changed. It now says it's 'unavailable'. Anyone who ordered it this morning for $39 may have got themselves a good deal.

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  10. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Jan 29: Chimera Music has updated its webpage (it does not do this every week)... but there's no mention I can see of a Wedding Album reissue. Not to say this means much -- just that informed persons had an opportunity this week to make an announcement and they chose not to do so at this time. That's all.

Yoko's facebook page is more regularly updated (and also makes no mention of a Wedding Album reissue), but I think her facebook page is less oriented to commerce or specific promotional purposes. It's more of a platform for her to shout out to her friends and to support a general Yoko public image for the curious public.

Hep Alien and Mark Wilson like this.
  11. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

12. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

I’m looking forward to the last batch. I wonder if they will use the 1997 remixes for “its alright” & starpeace . I have a 1985 CD copy of the original mix of starpeace and the 97 one but I’d love a CD version of “its alright I see rainbows” as I only have that in vinyl and a few tracks on OnoBox!

13. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Glad to see this reissue series is still alive. The gap between the release of the 2nd batch and the next is a lot longer then the gap between the 1st and 2nd. It makes sense that Wedding Album would be a standalone for its 50th. Glad I'll be able to own a copy on vinyl. Hopefully while everyone in the Beatles camp is in a celebratory mood we can finally get a resissue of Live Peace in Toronto this year too.

14. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

That would be cool, especially if there’s any potential to expand it. Either way I like my MFSL copy.

I recently listened to one of John and Yoko’s interviews with Howard Smith from around that time and they talk about the concert and other peace activities going on at the time. Very uplifting overall.

Mark

15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

I have the 90's cd release, but as one of the few solo concerts available for John there's really no reason it should be out of print especially in this time of reissue madness :D Hopefully a remaster is in the pipeline

Hep Alien, Oyster Boy and Mark Wilson like this.
  16. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose has it for about same price.

rstamberg likes this.
  17. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Johnny just HAD to use their record to promote Yoko's old book, haha. Happy birthday Yoko, by the way!

marmalade166 likes this.
  18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Bull Moose also has the ltd 800 only box from Sony Japan. $101.97.

rstamberg likes this.
  19. beatleroadie

100%. Hopefully there is a bonus song or two from the concert? Not sure if the set was just 8 songs or if 8 is all they could fit on the original LP?

Or a second disc with some of John's peace-related interviews from 1969 would be cool.

How about a 7" inch replica of the original Cold Turkey / Don't Worry Kyoko single packaged with it?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  20. Skyline

Skyline Forum Resident

Will there be any bonus tracks on this reissue? I assumed there wouldn't be but cdjapan have this description for the CD version:

50th anniversary CD box set of "Wedding Album" comes in a carton box with the following collectibles: a reproduction of the marriage certificate, a postcard, four photos, a white inner bag, a vinyl bag, a picture of a slice of wedding cake, a three-folded poster (illustration of John), a poster ("The Wedding"), a booklet ("The Press"), and more. Includes bonus tracks (B-sides from John's single releases).

Perhaps the bonus tracks are only on the Japanese release? Or maybe this is a mistake in the description, I guess.

BlueJay and Oyster Boy like this.
  21. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

The only thing I can provide is that the iTunes preorder doesn’t show any bonus tracks, and their versions of the other 2 Unfinished Music releases include the same extras as the CDs. I’ll have to see how this turns out before ordering.

Mark

Skyline likes this.
  22. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Any word on more reissues besides "Wedding Album"? I'd love to get "A Story" on vinyl, plus the post-1973 pre-modern stuff isn't yet on streaming services.

Too bad the reissue project doesn't go through Rising and Blueprint For A Sunrise, given both are long out of print, I'm surprised Capitol is so hesitant to give the rights up to two albums that have been oop over ten years.

23. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I asked someone at Chimera a few years ago when the reissues were first being discussed whether those Capitol albums would be included, and I was disappointed when they said no. I'm honestly quite surprised that Yoko doesn't hold the rights to both of those albums.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  24. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

That's a bit surprising. Blueprint and Rising were definitely sold on iTunes at some point, perhaps only in certain international stores. Even Rising Mixes was available from the Japanese store. Blueprint For A Sunrise is a pretty weird album, even by Yoko's standards, but Rising is essential!

Oyster Boy likes this.
  25. beatleroadie

Not sure there's any more music from the concert set. But...the release could be expanded with some nice stuff like a well-designed poster and book about that earliest era of the POB. Maybe Eric Clapton could write a little something about playing with John, etc.... The LP was released concurrently with the Cold Turkey single, so a reproduction 45 in the box would be nice. Or bonus tracks on the CD/LP celebrating any available studio recordings and demos for "Cold Turkey" and b-side "Don't Worry Kyoko (Mummy's Only Looking for a Hand in the Snow)". We know of the acoustic "Cold Turkey" from the horrid Acoustic album, plus surely there could be a remix or alt/out-take from the studio session.

Hep Alien and Mark Wilson like this.