There's a Dream I've Been Saving: Massive Lee Hazlewood box due 11/26/13

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jupiter8, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jupiter8

jupiter8 Senior Member Thread Starter

Rosco IV likes this.
  2. 926am

926am Senior Member

Thanks I'm sure I will pick this up in November along with the Miles Mono box. I may go for the $80 version, though.

3. jupiter8

I have to pop for the deluxe...not only for the sound upgrade but to not have to track down all the individual (and expensive) LHI releases

4. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

That's a beautiful set!

5. 926am

926am Senior Member

It's a possibility I may as well. I'll see how my finances are at the time. $100 difference is not insignificant.

6. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Just about to post the info on this myself.

Cowboy in Sweden will finally have a good release! The movie of the same name will be in the box as well.

There are two editions. One for $80 and one for $180.
    $80 edition includes:
    • 172 Page Hard Cover Book:
      - LP-sized cloth bound book with gold foil stamp
      - Over 150 rare &
unseen photos
+ In depth essays
      - LHI history, album breakdowns, 27 artist profiles, LHI timeline, and interviews with Lee & dozens of label alum.
    • Cowboy in Sweden The Film, on DVD (1970, 60 mIns):
      - First time available. New digital transfer from the original 16mm master negative at the Swedish Broadcasting Co. Fully restored in HD with re-mastered sound. Region Free.
    • 4 CDs (107 Tracks):
      - Meticulously Re-mastered. Analog transfers captured at 24-bit/96-kHz. 95% of transfers from original analog master tapes (remainder transferred from mint vinyl).
      - DISCS 1 & 2: Everything Lee recorded for LHI, including every 45 single and album (Cowboy in Sweden, Forty, The Cowboy & The Lady, and Requiem For an Almost Lady), plus a handful of unreleased tracks.
      - DISCS 3 & 4: Key tracks from the LHI stable
 of artists, including Suzi Jane Hokom, The Kitchen Cinq, Ann-Margret, Honey Ltd., The International Submarine Band, Arthur, The Aggregation, Sanford Clark, Lynn Castle, The Surprise Package, Virgil Warner, and Hamilton Streetcar, amongst many others.
      - 14 unreleased tracks
    • From Lee’s Personal ‘Stache:
      - Flexi disc featuring unheard Lee ‘studio chatter’ (“Play it like a cowboy song”)
      - Reproduction of Lee’s original embossed LHI business card
      - 5 random copies include a “Golden Ticket” for a free subscription to Light In The Attic’s Lee Hazlewood Archive Series
    $180 edition includes everything in the $80 edition, plus:
    • 3 DVDs (305 Tracks):
      - LHI catalog as both WAVs & MP3s (320 Kbps) – covering 17 albums and 140 A&B sides. DVDs exclude The International Submarine Band.
      - Meticulously re-mastered
      - DISC 1: LHI catalog (MP3 w/ cover art)
      - DISC 2: LHI LPs (WAV w/ cover art)
      - DISC 3: LHI 45 Singles (WAV w/ label art)
    • Cloth Bound Clamshell Box:
      - Gold foil stamped and debossed silhouette of Lee
    • From The LHI Vault:
      - 6 glossy LHI promo photos
      - 1970 Hazlewood Airlines ticket
    How's that for a box?

jupiter8 likes this.
  7. jupiter8

I hope they get around to releasing Lee's other films/TV specials! But who could ever complain about this? More than makes up for the bad Smells Like reissues!

Khojem likes this.
  8. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Hoo boy, I might have to put this on this year's Christmas list. The $80 set will hold me just fine.

9. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Yikes. Definitely in on this one.

A greedy question, but any sense that this is the spectacular capper on the LITA reissue program, or will there be more to come in the series of individual albums?

10. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

11. bibijeebies

bibijeebies vinyl hairline spotter

That book looks beautiful!

12. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Pity the Reprise stuff is missing.

Love his earlier work with Duane Eddy.

13. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

You'll need this for his Reprise work...

[​IMG]

art and jupiter8 like this.
  14. lowellmorris

lowellmorris Forum Resident

This is unbelievably awesome.

15. RKMiller

RKMiller Forum Resident

So does this mean they will not be releasing the individual LHI albums as separate CDs? Either way I gotta have the Deluxe set!

16. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

I wondered this myself. I'm not sure how well this stuff has been selling. A good way to get rid of product is to put it in a box with other "unreleased" material.

17. This is like Christmas morning as a child. I can't believe they are issuing a box of this scope and magnitude. I completely trust Light In The Attic's handling of Lee's reissues, they've all been magnificent.

I'm in for the deluxe edition but I'm still sketchy on its details. The complete LHI catalog on DVD? Are they going to be in Hi-Rez?

magicap likes this.
  18. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Uh-oh. Something else is about to get cut from my want list to make room for this.

Sorry, King Crimson Road To Red.

Forty is one of my Desert Island. Discs. Or maybe I should call it 4T.

19. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Same here. I love Lee's versions of September Song and It Was A Very Good Year.

I see on the box tracklist when they get to FORTY there's only 8 songs from it because 2 of the songs were from COWBOY IN SWEDEN. So in order to play the album in it's entirety you'd have to skip around. :(

I wonder if any of these albums will come out on individual CDs at a later date.

Also would like to have the entire Sanford Clark and Arthur LHI albums on CD.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  20. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Wait Till Next Year is one of my favorite Randy Newman songs, and the only place I know you can hear it is on 4T.

21. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

$64 to ship the standard edition to the UK ... where Customs will probably stick a cherry on top. I think this set looks wonderful (and good value for money for those in U.S.) but that combined price is a bit rich for my blood, so I'll have to wait and see if it turns up on Amazon.

22. Light In The Attic's releases have all had wide distribution in the past, I wouldn't see why this set is different. Don't expect much of a discount on the actual set's pricing but I imagine international shipping will be cheaper from other vendors.

23. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

sound samples for disc 3 & 4 sound very interesting
    this is very tempting

24. cubist

cubist Forum Resident

I'm all over this one - what an awesome collection and beautifully put together. It's got me spinning all those Lee albums again. Whilst those Smells Like Cds were packaged nicely the sound seemed a bit off, especially Cowboy In Sweden. Wonder why 13 is not included as I thought that was originally an LHI release... still, I';ve never heard 4T before so looking forward to that.
    Light In The Attic have also released a lovely expanded version of Trouble is A Lonesome Town, his first album, in glorious mono! Enthused by all of this I found on Amazon a reasonably priced copy of the Strung Out on Something New limited edition Rhino Handmade compilation of his Reprise material (pictured a few posts up)and it turned out to be a brand new copy with just a little damage to the box. That release is also a labour of love - period style inner sleeves for the CDs no less! Gonna do some research on the LHI catalogue to see if the deluxe box is worth going for...

25. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.