This weekend I will be conducting polarity tests...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Todd Fredericks, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

Now that I'm mostly settled in my new apartment (with old wiring) I think I;m ready to conduct some polarity tests this weekend to make sure everything's working correctly. I'll check the wires (speaker/interconnects/power/etc.) and also unplug everything and check each unit on it's own (as described in previous posts). I'll report my findings in detail after I've completed these tests (hopefully again this weekend).

I still also have to finish setting up my PC and other stuff. When I've completed that then I'll be ready to "burn" again. I may do a vinyl transfer to DAT and then make a CD off of that...

Todd

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow, Brother Todd, it looks like things are going swimmingly! I wish I was at that stage.... I'm still struggling with basic room set up. :( Well, it's part three tonight!

And I think I'll be building a new stereo stand, too. Gotta drop it THROUGH the carpet and raised wood floor to the concrete below... :rolleyes: It never ends....

Did you do the networking thing this weekend? :)

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks, Brother Gary! Since I'm setting up everything in a new place, I'm trying to get everything kind of "right" at the beginning rather than scratch my head and feel frustrated a few months later. You know what I mean. It's also a learning experience thing...

The Ma-Yi benefit (a multi-cultural theatre company) went very well last Wednesday. It was held at the Dish of Salt restaurant (a very good place) and I had lots of fun. There were some interesting people at my table (some friends, the 1999 Miss Universe, Judge Hatchet from TV, and some other folks). I thought every one kept staring at me but after a minute or so I realized it was Miss Universe they were looking at (very beautiful). We all had fun making each other laugh. Some performers from the company did some pieces on stage (a bit too long though) and there were lots of fund raising announcements. At one point the mike was dead and I (this is how I usually am) ran up to the unattended "cheapie" mixer (XLR wires held together with tape, a mess) and made some adjustments until the speaker's voice could be heard again. I got a big ovation from the crowd. I made a small bow and returned to my table. It was lots of fun, swapped some phone numbers and drank a bit too much. I love parties...

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.