Thumbs Down to Warner Bros.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by schugh, Jun 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schugh

schugh Forum Resident Thread Starter

I purchased the Lord of the Rings 4K UHD Set in January in Canada from Amazon Canada.
    A lot of the time I don't get to my media purchases right away.
    I finally opened it yesterday and went on my laptop to redeem my digital code.

Google play keeps saying the code has already been redeemed.

I contacted Warned Bros. I explained the situation.
    They asked me to send them a copy of my invoice and pictures of the box etc.
    I did all of that and then they go "sorry the code has already been redeemed and we can't give you a new one."

Argh. Of all the inane pointless....
    If you're not going to issue me a new code saying it's already redeemed which I already told them so why are you asking me send you my invoice and pictures!?

I thought these studios were pretty nice and accommodating. But apparently not.
    I pleaded with them, that it's not my fault. I did not redeem it. I just ripped the shrink wrap off yesterday.
    But nope.

I contacted Amazon. Hopefully they can do something.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Assuming that is all true, that's pretty darn unlucky.

It's situations like that which can drive some to piracy.

3. schugh

It's pretty clear to me now that Amazon sold me a returned item.
    The box set was inside a loose plastic wrap not the normal tight shrink wrap.
    There was a bar code sticker on the plastic wrap.
    I didn't think about it at the time as I wouldn't expect Amazon to send me an opened item.

The thing that bugs me is I told WB, the problem was that the code says it's redeemed.
    Why would they ask me to send them proof of purchase etc if their response was going to be "sorry, it's already redeemed."

Amazon is letting me return it for a full refund but in Canada I can't find it anywhere for under $140. I paid $90.
    B&M stores don't even seem to have it in stock. Amazon.ca doesn't have it in stock.

I thought I might order it from Amazon.com it will cost me $103 CAD which isn't much difference but so far I can't tell if the
    digital code will work in Canada if I order from the US.

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Are you sure you didn't buy a copy that was cheaper because it'd been returned?

Amazon US offers discounts on some products that've been returned, usually due to cosmetic damage - "scratch and dent" specials.

Maybe you bought one that way and you missed the "scratch and dent" designation?

5. schugh

No, that was not the case. I am in Canada and purchased it from Amazon.ca.
    It was just one of those weird price variances that happens on Amazon occasionaly.

For example I had the 4K of Flash Gordon in my saved list for a few months and it didn't budge from it's $40 price.
    Then a couple of weeks ago when I checked my list late at night it was $20. I ordered it right then.
    Then a little while later it was back up to $40. Actually the standard edition which I got isn't even available on Amazon right now.
    Just the limited edition is there for $50.

6. schugh

Geez can't seem to get a break buying this set.
    I returned the one from Amazon Canada.
    Purchased another set for more money at $105 Canadian which is the cheapest I could find at a local retailer.
    I just didn't pay attention until I opened it but the discs were housed in a blu-ray blue case and not a black 4K UHD case.
    Arrgghhh. I've got over 120 4K discs now and that has never happened.
    I have no idea how this could be.

But the digital code worked and the discs themselves are legit as far as I can tell when I look at them and play them they are identified correctly
    in my PC and my panasonic 4K player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.