Ticketmaster strategies

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by setalpgninnpsekil, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

ticketmaster in my house is known as ticketbastar#

zen likes this.
  2. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

mid size standing room only venues, reasonably priced tickets
    but now I pay double for a balcony seat

knees are shot from too much sports

can't stand that long without hobbling out of there

3. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

I find the wait a few hours part works - tm makes buyers feel like the seats are going fast when they hold some upfront.
    Aslo stubhub will have tons of seats immediately
    It's a crock - you need to enter a hard to read code to dissuade someone hacking in and getting all the seats
    while TM is scamming with ticket liquidators (um um Stub um Hub) to maximize the venue's and tm's profits

4. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Also good if possible - pick single tickets. For shows my wife doesn't want to go to I've done great on single seats, or have jumped on say the pearl jam forum and asked if anyone had a single fan club seat

5. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Eh, I'm old and have seen most anybody I want to see who plays venues big enough for TM ticketing already. I'll stick to small venue and club-sized shows and ain't even motivated to hit all that many of those. Run around while you're still young :)

BeardedSteven likes this.
  6. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

As others have said, you can get some killer seats in the run-up to the show (usually a couple weeks prior to the actual performance). I'm fortunate in that TM isn't in my area, but sometimes I'll peek at shows in other areas (Seattle, Portland) and see great seats that might make a last-minute getaway worthwhile...

8. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

I forgot to get them when they went on sale. I'm a teacher and can't always break away at 10 am on a Friday. I lucked out and got the last two tickets that are together in the building. About 5th row of the first balcony. That show sold out quickly.

audiotom likes this.
  9. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

I used to buy all my tickets from Stargreen back in the late 90's when I was at uni in London. I would go every week and pick up their A4 ticket listings for the coming weeks, circle things I wanted to go to, head in and buy tickets when I could afford them.

I'd forgotten all about them until last weekend when David Gilmour tickets went on sale and they were listed as one of the ticket vendors - I thought to myself "they'll be the least busy", and I was right, I had the other sites open on different tabs and got "loading" for a fair while whilst I was able to get some pretty good seats from Stargreen. (Only thing being that I only know what block they are in, not which seat number- but that's ok.)

By the time I finished paying for my tickets, a couple of the other sites had loaded and were giving me much worse seats. By the time I refreshed them once again, all the shows were basically sold out.

Stargreen to the rescue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.