Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (She’s The One OST reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Saul Pimon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

lol, well this was good while it lasted.

Woodville and willmatic like this.
  2. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Why stop at wiping, you can spray it with disinfectant!

3. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

Just got into Tom full-scale (after being a casual fan for years)... just bought Wildflowers & All The Rest, Finding Wildflowers and the Angel Dream CD.

Havin' a good old time with that time period! :) (I do own the regular STO soundtrack, it's 'eh' to me.)

4. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Welcome aboard the Tom Petty train! :wave:

Fred1, FJFP and TheLazenby like this.
  5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Lots of things will still work if you don’t maintain them properly. A tape will still play even if you never clean the heads. Your car will run if you don’t change the oil regularly. The list is endless. That doesn’t mean it’s good for their durability or performance.

I333I likes this.
  6. Charlie Holt

Charlie Holt Forum Resident

Does anyone know if this is getting a UK release?

7. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Move onto ‘Echo’ next!
    And then Highway Companion and Mudcrutch!

Rainy Taxi, Western Movie and Fred1 like this.
  8. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

Angel Dream?
    The CD is readily available everywhere, the RSD version was available worldwide, the "regular" black vinyl LP I couldn't say, tbh.

marcb likes this.
  9. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Forum Resident

Although I love Echo, and Mudcrutch, I would say Damn The Torpedoes should be explored before the other newer albums. I go back and forth on DTT and WF as my favorite album.

10. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I'm sure @McCool and possibly @ryan de topanga will confirm for us, but I think everything that might've been in the vaults for the studio side of things for Torpedoes have been used up and released on the 2010 Deluxe Edition and An American Treasure, both collections of which did a great job of rounding those up. Full Moon Fever is another one where its outtakes are all pretty much available to the public (based on @McCool 's in-depth post and look at that LP for what was I believe its 30th anniversary).

supermd and Bonddm like this.
  11. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

Agreed. A few days ago I got the 5.1 mix of Damn the Torpedoes and loved how immersive it was. It even had a generous helping of bonus tracks in surround. Highly recommended if you have a surround system.

12. jumpinjulian

Where did you pick it up? I’ve been after it for a while, but prices on Discogs are crazy!!

Larsen likes this.
  13. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I bought a surround system specifically so I could play that album, now I listen to all my music on it, whether they're in surround, stereo or even vintage mono. That mix is so great, Benmont has piano licks and fills that seem buried on the standard stereo mix ("Shadow Of A Doubt" is guilty of this).

supermd, jumpinjulian and FJFP like this.
  14. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

It was a gift and I’m afraid to ask how much it was

jumpinjulian likes this.
  15. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

Does Apple Music have the 5.1 of DTT built in now? Game changer if so.

Bonddm and jumpinjulian like this.
  16. jumpinjulian

Now that is something I would like to see!!
    Mojo, Hypnotic Eye and Live Anthology too please. They’ve also been done in 5.1 and been out of print for years.

Bonddm likes this.
  17. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Got the others, but still kicking myself for procrastinating on picking up Mojo and missing out!

jumpinjulian likes this.
  18. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I think Hoodoo was recommending listening choices - not what should come next for archival releases. However, I would hope they go to some of the other albums that aren't the big three. An early Mudcrutch comp would be great, the Shelter years, expanded Long After Dark & Southern Accents, a barer bones Let Me Up, etc. The later albums are fine but I hope the early years get some love soon.

19. jumpinjulian

Different labels and contracts associated with the pre Wildflowers stuff might make it a bit more complicated. It’s seems Warner have a good thing going with the Petty estate- I hope MCA do as well!

cwitt1980 likes this.
  20. Peja11

Peja11 PC is Neither

Whoever gave it to you now only has one kidney.

21. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I would love to see what could be done with a reimagining of Southern Accents although I accept we may have already heard most of what could be used to construct it. So it might be a hard sell.

I wonder if there is more mileage in a Let Me Up project which is both stripped down (production wise on some of the songs) and expanded (there was talk of it being a double, and I am sure Goodbye Little Rich Girl must have been recorded in the studio at this time which suggests there are definitely some unreleased gems). I’ve said it before, but I would love to hear more from this period that sounds like the title track, which always reminds me of how the band was playing live at this time, probably due in part to the Dylan experience. Cut loose, wild and free.

22. jumpinjulian

Let Me Up was the only record Tom ever walked away from, leaving it to be finished without his input. Adria has also expressed a desire to have it remixed and reimagined. So it could definitely be an upcoming project.

Bonddm and windfall like this.
  23. Hooodo Man

Hooodo Man Forum Resident

Correct, I was saying the new listener should try out DTT before straying into the newer music. I love Echo but it took me a long time to get into Mojo for some reason and I am a huge blues fan. Mudcrutch has been consistently great too. There is a lot of early Mudcrutch out there if know where to look for live petty stuff. ;)

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Not that I’ve seen. But what game exactly would it be changing?

25. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That album cover bites.

That's the kind of amateurish thing I might expect a fan to to deposit on his burial site.

hodgo and J_D__ like this.