Tool Fear Inoculum on vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Metal MD, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Dr. Metal MD

Dr. Metal MD Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm sure many Tool fans here have been patiently awaiting a Fear Inoculum vinyl release since it's been discussed since the album came out. Well, Tool is now advertising a deluxe vinyl release that Tool Army members will be able to get on tour and sounds like will eventually make its way to online store. Rumor has it, it's going to be quite expensive.

"There’s some late breaking news from the band. Having just received their personal allotment of the forthcoming (TBA) FEAR INOCULUM ULTRA DELUXE LP, they were inspired to offer for sale this very limited number of advance pressings to TOOLARMY VIP PACKAGE holders (taking advantage of their early merch access) beginning with tonight’s show in Philadelphia and extending to the remaining shows in Elmont, Newark, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and so forth, or until there are no more available (prior to the worldwide release that’s projected for sometime in April). Furthermore, these early vinyl arrivals (only a tour item for the time being) have been AUTOGRAPHED, adding a personal touch to the cover imagery. The package contains 5 discs of industry best 180g vinyl, with audio tracks on one side and etched art on the reverse of each side of the disc.Though the quantities are very limited, should there be any remaining copies, they will be made available to concert goers at the general merch booth."

Login • Instagram

The above link is to their Instragram post announcing it.

Would be interested in any other news/opinions/insight from other SH members.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  2. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

Speaking as a Tool fan . . . I'm quite sure I can find a better use for the money . . .

3. Dr. Metal MD

Hoping for a more affordable standard release.

4. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

This is shocking. I am actually in shock. Never thought this would happen.

St. Troy likes this.
  5. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Please anyone who gets their hands on one of these post details here!!! I will be the first to plonk my cash down assuming the sound is good which I’m confident it will be.

6. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Just as a reminder it has been almost 2 1/2 years since this album was released!

Candlegoat, St. Troy and Dr. Metal MD like this.
  7. Dr. Metal MD

Damn, that long???

8. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

I know crazy

9. PhoenixWoman

PhoenixWoman Forum Resident

What's the story with the Tool Dissectional vinyl release that I occasionally run into for $60+? Is this not an officially sanctioned release? You'd think this band would be pushing for a format with better fidelity than CD and streaming.

10. VinylMario

VinylMario The Crow

This is the day I've been waiting for...

11. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

That's more than I spent on my Led Zeppelin Classic Records Road Case. I got 48 record for $700. I'll wait.

12. ScaleTheInferno

ScaleTheInferno Forum Resident

Nay my lady, they be pirates.

I had to check the posts on Tool Army to verify that price of $810 mentioned about was serious and not a figure plucked out of the sky. Fans there have verified that's the amount paid. For 1 album.

13. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for a reasonably priced CD.

14. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

I almost went to the Philly show last night but didn't feel like driving an hour home at night. I'm such an old man. Oh well, it's not like I would have dropped $810 on a record anyway...

Can't wait for the April release! Hope it's a traditional release, reasonably priced.

15. PhoenixWoman

PhoenixWoman Forum Resident

I saw it (twice) for $63, which struck me as unusual especially compared to vinyl for other Tool.

16. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

17. wickedwatson

wickedwatson Forum Resident

$810 is for signed copies which are probably at the appropriate price point when considering the resale market.
    In April or so, when these are available at retail, I'm guessing $150 or less.
    I'll take two please!
    Doubtful there will be an alternative vinyl package coming.

KDubATX and Dr. Metal MD like this.
  18. Dr. Metal MD

I saw multiple people quoting the $810 figure. Has this been 100% confirmed?

PhoenixWoman, where did you see it for $63? That would be amazing.

19. Dr. Metal MD

Hope you're right regarding April.

JFSebastion likes this.
  20. wickedwatson

wickedwatson Forum Resident

$810 per a receipt photo from an ebay listing.

21. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

On the reply thread on the Instagram post, people refer to pictures posted online of the merch table at the show with the 810$ price tag. I have not personally seen these pics myself, but it seems confirmed.

22. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

$63 is for the b**tleg release that's been going around since 2019. You can find them online. The band had nothing to do with the release, same as the unofficial 10,000 Days vinyl, which has never seen a real pressing.

23. Chrome_Head

24. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

There's no way these will be 150$. Double that at least would be my guess.

These won't be like the Neil Young boxes that are everywhere for a reasonable price.

25. Chrome_Head

I'm anticipating that the 5xLp, unsigned edition will be around $200. Just a hunch, I hope I'm wrong.

JFSebastion and drapes like this.