Tool's NEW ALBUM Fear Inoculum - August 30th, 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chrome_Head, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

You’re right. Just kiddung since I have gotten into Jazz lately I have learned to appreciate the latest Radiohead outings

EricMack likes this.
  2. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

We don’t know if they pressed 86k, 286k or 2M. They might be releasing it again, who knows?

3. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

That tidbit about a 4 LP version is so strange as I have heard nothing anywhere about a vinyl release on release day. I suppose anyone could have wrote that and stuck it up for a picture troll, this whole thing, in my opinion is just plain odd. On the other hand, if one were trying to get rabid fans to buy multiple versions, this just might be the perfect plan.

4. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

There will be no vinyl release on august 30th.
    The release date will be later.

Hattipper likes this.
  5. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

6. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

What I love about Rosetta Stones is that no matter how many times you hear it it’s still menacing and unpredictable. It’s like the aural equivalent to the abduction scene in Texas Chainsaw Massacre: You get kidnapped, thrown in the back of a truck and taken to a place you simply have no business being, being subjected to actions you wouldn’t wish upon your worst enemy.

7. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  8. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

Adam Jones lays out the release format on his Instagram

adamjones_tv
    ~ Fear Inoculum track list:

1. Fear Inoculum
    2. Pneuma
    3. Invincible
    4. Descending
    5. Culling Voices
    6. Chocolate Chip Trip
    7. 7empest

Bonus tracks (available via the digital release; physical copy includes a digital download card): • Litanie contre la Peur • Legion Inoculant • Mockingbeat

eternalise likes this.
  9. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

I think CCTrip might be it’s intro.

10. eternalise

eternalise Forum Resident

I saw the trolling from the lead up to Lateralus mentioned and it hit me that this really does feel kind of like that magic (imo) time, then again I wasn't really following the band for 10,000 days so it might have been similar then, too.

I was just talking to someone about those Napster days recently and have tried unsuccessfully over the years to find any remnants of the fake leaks that my best friend and I would spend our afternoons downloading (bless that "incomplete" folder that allowed one to stop a download to play a snippet of a song and decide if it was legit and not waste any more precious time and bandwidth than necessary, especially as many were a minute or so looped on there) as some of them were actually really interesting, and since most sounded very low budget (purported to be leaked demos) we had no luck tracking any of them down or identifying them as other bands etc. I remember being glued to the computer listening to multiple "this is kind of sort of believable" to "this is downright ridiculous" fake tracks. There seemed to be a new track list on toolshed every time we checked, and the first batch, with names like "malfeasance" and "encephalitis" seemed Tool-like, and they first announced it as "systema encephale" so the medical and pathology leaning names made sense, but got more ridiculous with each update until we knew our chains were being pulled but it was always exciting and fun and we Dann sure bought the CD's too (and in my case, the vinyl if available, of anything I followed.)

I lived on Lateralus and A Perfect Circle that year and got to see them in VA Beach 9.29.01, a couple weeks after 9/11, which still very much hung in the air and our show was the setlist I was hoping for (Grudge,Ions,Stinkfist,46 & 2,Prison Sex,Pu****,Schism,Disposition, Reflection,Parabol,Parabola,Aenema & Lateralus )- I knew Aenima and Prison Sex weren't on every stop so I was psyched to get those, as well as 46&2. Fantomas with Mike Patton opened and with no way to go to YouTube etc and find out, we werent sure if the contortionists got stuck hanging over the stage or not during Schism-Parabola as it seemed that way, and the animations were not only on the stage set, but on giant screens that hung above the crowd and being an amphitheater on the coast, it was very windy that night and I recall us watching the screens sway violently expecting them to fall (I'm sure chemical accompaniment may have contributed to the heightened awareness)

When the buildup to and release for 10,000 Days was happening I was living in another state playing in a very 60s-influenced band in a scene of many very 60s garage influenced bands (Dayton, OH) and other non-hard rock or metal styles predominantly, whereas my old town, bands and friends were all very Tool obsessed and heavy bands were ALL there was in our local scene so I was late to that party by the time I made it back home and just never got into that one the same way I did the others (I can't overstate how big Tool was among my friends circa 94-2004 when I first moved away) though I intend to give it another dedicated listen again soon.

11. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

10,000 Days didn’t receive the trolling Lateralus did. There was definitely the hype and anticipation but the band was pretty quiet from what I remember. Vicarious finally appeared weeks prior to the album release and a few cities were lucky to get “warm-up” shows the week the album dropped. Abbreviated setlist and small venues. The Dallas warm-up is still in my top 3 favorite TOOL shows. IIRC it was less than 2,000 seats in an old auditorium on the SMU campus that was once a chapel.

12. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

In New Zealand methamphetamine is called P, if that helps.

oneway23 and Chrome_Head like this.
  13. whoman4says

whoman4says Forum Resident

I've just had a delivery date of 11th-13th September confirmed with amazon.com (delivered to the UK), no biggy as it'll be available online anyway, plus the delivery date is probably wildly off!

14. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

I would think you'll get download access from Amazon on the 30th regardless, for what that's worth.

15. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

I fear the price of the vinyl!

eternalise and mestreech like this.
  16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

If it's going to be four records, it could be pricey.

mestreech likes this.
  17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

with a 12" - 4K screen, 10 watt speakers......$849.00 :D

18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I would rather it be four so more of the music isn't as close to the label. And I do hope it's more dynamic than what has been released so far.

19. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

Guess I’m invisible...

20. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

There’s a blank space just above this post. Must be a forum glitch.

Marko K likes this.
  21. moops

moops Senior Member

Worth a shot I guess, have you ordered from them before ?
    If their pre-order quota was already filled, you would hope they would tell you.
    You could try taking it to check-out and see what happens.

Well, if not the album of the year, definitely the marketing scam of the year.

22. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Two things I’m wondering about....

For those who don’t like the album to be decimated, it’s perfectly easy to burn a double cd of the digital album. The ideal dividing point would be inbetween Legion Inoculant and Descending, that is, if they don’t crossfade.
    And when the mood doesn’t allow for the soundscapes, that’s where the regular cd comes in handy. A win-win for sure.

Secondly...

Would the band have ever come this far if Paul D’Amour was still the bass player?

I got into the band around 1996 on the strength of Undertow, before Ænima was released.
    Flood was the song that initially grabbed my attention after I borrowed the cd from the library.
    But I kept coming back to the album, again and again, and the other songs followed suit.
    There was something unique to this band that I couldn’t quite put my finger on and in no way did I ever think that the bass playing was a weak link.
    It actually enhances the album’s (and Opiate’s) vibe.

In no way am I putting down Justin Chancellor’s work (he’s second to none), but it’s an interesting thought.

eternalise likes this.
  23. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Even as it will be 3 records it will be expensive.

24. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

I'm not sure why people are assuming it would be more than a double LP – it easily fits on four sides, with side A being 1&2, B 3-5, C 6&7, D 8-10. Not totally within optimum side lengths, but very doable (considering Genesis have those lengthy sides and still sounded great).

25. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Unless they’re gonna pull a Clash...

Sandinista!

(Gotta give Rolling Stone their credit on that one, btw).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.