Top Stupid Things about the 'Happy Days' TV series (1974-1984)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Panther, Mar 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

A tv series is nothing without good writers ....I know it's been harped on over and over ..... the series I think,ran its course at about the 4 th season.....the writing was
    still interesting and relevant to the time period,Winkler with the windbreaker jacket,little dialogue...sort of "The Lords of Flatbush"vibe going on was way more interesting than what his character morphed into.Also,why did they feel the need to dumb down Potsie?, should have left him as the "bad" influence..............a show is usually on its way out when other characters are added to the show.
    [​IMG]

hi_watt, OldSoul and Steve Litos like this.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

[​IMG]

3. Charles W Osborn

Charles W Osborn New Member

Happy Days started going downhill when Pat Morita left to do Mr T and Tina in 76'. It got dumber with each passing year and the true death knoll came when Donny Most (underrated especially his early Happy Days work) and Ron Howard. A one time classic that was completely defanged and left limp on life support for several seasons.

4. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

This show is a case study in how far behind TV was from cinema.
    I figger a good ten, maybe fifteen years. As many have noted, the
    pre-soundstage years were the best and then the writing sank like
    a stone and the performers became more important than the per-
    formance. But those first two years had a great vibe.

SomeCallMeTim likes this.
  5. geetar_await

geetar_await I heart Linux.

I'm watching it on MeTV. Somehow, I don't get the warm fuzzies seeing it now as I did back in the day.

Jimmy B., Scowl and MikeInFla like this.
  6. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

When I rewatched it a few months ago, I couldn't believe that this was the show that we kids talked about at school the next day. Not only are the jokes not funny to me (one after the other, not funny), but the 70s hair really bugs me for some reason, like they refused to comb back their hair in a 50s style like Henry Winkler was doing.

MikeInFla and geetar_await like this.
  7. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Was better as a one-camera show, as it was during the first season or two. It was thoughtfully written, and felt more like a movie than a TV series.

I hung on through the three camera shows until the episode where Fonzie goes to court and throws himself on the mercy of the judge. I think there was an episode or two before the shark jumping incident. But that court episode stopped me in my tracks.

And I was only 13.

SomeCallMeTim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.