Toy Story 2 Home Video Release - Retro-Censoring Being Done

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BILLONEEG, Jul 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

I'll use an analogy if Disney put a cartoon up in their offices depicting this 'joke' what do you think the outcome would be if in court reference is made to your constitution's, fourth amendment

2. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Last time I was more specific, a gort deleted my post. Which I think helps substantiate my response, not yours.

As I said in my first reply to this thread, context is everything. Stinky Pete is an immoral character. His behavior in the very brief vignette as the credits roll, which is supposed to be akin to a laugh track, is thus expected to be immoral by anyone with two functioning neurons. To then excise it is bizarre. The immoral character is behaving immorally, as he did throughout the film. Why not completely excise Stinky Pete from the entire production? Why have any immoral characters in any film?

bubba-ho-tep and showtaper like this.
  3. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

4. Pastafarian

o_O, that would be your defense in court, lost.:uhhuh:

NaturalD likes this.
  5. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

That doesn't even make sense. Again, sounds less like thinking for yourself than just *blindly* taking the stance that you are being victimized for your opinions, when what is really happening is that you tried (and keep trying) to shoehorn your political stances into a forum where all political discussions are discouraged.

Billy Infinity and Deesky like this.
  6. GregM

GregM The expanding man

You both failed to address my point to cover up the fact that I was right about an immoral character behaving immorally. This does indeed make sense. Excising the immoral character because he behaved immorally does not make sense. Supporting that edit out of some misguided idea of "correctness", even less so.

7. Pastafarian

You've not addressed my point, you're regetting your own Constitution.

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

This is the syntactic equivalent of an emoji but if you thought you had a substantive point you're encouraged to try again.

showtaper likes this.
  9. Pastafarian

Others can decide that but I still think your trying to avoid your Constitution.

10. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

11. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

For me, that point kind of got lost amid the buzzwords and nonsense about "correctness", "blindly applauding"/"not thinking for themselves" (nobody really thinks about things, except for you :angel:). I actually agree the edit seems a bit pointless/excessive. I'm really not worked about about marketing decisions made to sell big-studio films, though.

showtaper and BeatleJWOL like this.
  12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Oh, so wading through the snarky comments and emoji, you agree after all. Good to know.

13. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Agree about the edit, but always eager to call out when people shoehorn their political views where they aren't wanted.

Pete Puma likes this.
  14. GregM

GregM The expanding man

If that was true you would have called out your buddy @prognastycator (whose very moniker is a blatant synonym of caustic prophesy) for chasing me around the thread, trying to whack me with his misinterpreted rolled up cliff notes version of the Constitution. You might want to tell him you now disagree with him, by the way.

15. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

I don't have very strong feelings about Toy Story, but pests who need to work in their empty-headed political views where they are expressly unwanted press my buttons.

16. Pastafarian

I'll try again, whatever your gender your rights are protected, are you saying you'd not wish to rely on this right should you be discriminated against?

17. Say what now? I actually agree that the edit was unnecessary and not really needed. I just disagree that it is any way a big deal or a the start of a slippery slope -or even that it constitutes censorship. And what rolled up Constitution did I try to whack you with? :crazy:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    BeatleJWOL and NaturalD like this.
  18. Otlset

Otlset It's always something.

I for one am thankful so many people and organizations nowadays are eager to shield my sensitive nature from things they think might be harmful to me, or otherwise nudge me into embracing unacceptable viewpoints. :disgust:

19. Pastafarian

Cliff Notes a well known slacker, who knows very little, insult I think.

20. I think he confused me with another member as I have not commented or quoted on any of his posts in this thread (prior to my last response). My handle seems to really irritate him, not sure why.

21. Pastafarian

Why do you think that harm is not a real possibility, unless you are very powerful?

22. Pastafarian

I know who he means and I'm trying to erase Vegitator from my mind but with no success.

NaturalD likes this.
  23. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Huckleberry Finn is in PD, so anyone can put out a copy. I think things like Song of the South should not be covered by the copyright extensions Disney has lobbied the government into granting. If you won't make it available, it should revert to PD after 50 years.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  24. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yes, with any luck we'll have some deleted soda, deleted popcorn butter and other deletions to go with the deleted scenes.

HiFi Guy 008 and The Hud like this.
  25. Pastafarian

I think it say a lot if you're comparing popcorn and soda to a women's fundamental rights

drivingfrog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.