Track Listing for Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Deluxe Edition?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GuyDon, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member Thread Starter

Just wondering if anyone has seen one yet since the release is only weeks away. I would think the non-album b-sides from these sessions would be included and maybe even selections from the oft-booted 1973 BBC concert. However, I am really hoping for studio outtakes and/or alternates as I am sure everyone else is.

2. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

This is the first I've even heard of this! :eek:

- guy outoftheloop

3. sydriver

sydriver New Member

It's also on the schedule as an SACD release, months away though, which could mean anything

4. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Same here, Joe Outoftheloop! :p

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member Thread Starter

The scheduled release date is October 28th.

6. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I may be wrong but...

Its my understanding that there is an SACD, DVD-Audio ( we definitely know this ) and also a Deluxe Edition coming out...3 separate titles. Personally I would prefer the DE be combined with the SACD but I am sure thats wishful thinking...

7. AudioEnz

AudioEnz Senior Member

If this uses the same (or similar) non-noise and compression as the more recent remasters, then who really cares about a deluxe edition?

8. Rspaight

Rspaight New Member

Re: I may be wrong but...

Well, that's what I thought about Tommy as well, but from looking at the Who site (linked in another thread), it appears that there will be no CD-only issue, just SACD hybrid and eventual DVD-A. Even if that's not true, it looks certain that the hybrid, at least, will contain the same tracklist as the CD Deluxe Edition, so there's no reason for SACD owners to get the CD version.

So maybe the Elton will be the same deal.

Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.