Triangle ART Audio Turntable, the "Concerto", great sound for under 4k..

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I think the Concerto is quite pretty. Adds some bling to an otherwise drab looking system.. triangle art one.jpg triangle-art-concerto-turntable.jpg

bluemooze and JoelWat like this.
  2. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Is there a jig for measuring pivot to spindle?

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I'd like the 45rpm of that.

4. Steve Hoffman

I'm sure there is..

5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Steve,

Bumping this thread. What did you think of the Zeus MC cartridge? I'll probably need to replace my cartridge within the next year. I am considering a Triangle Art cart, along with Lyra.

6. Steve Hoffman

Can't say, sorry. Been too long away..

7. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Understood. Thanks anyway.

8. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

But my God, the fingerprints!!

9. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I suppose any potential buyer would be wondering how something like this compares to the new 1200.

10. Gang-Twanger

Gang-Twanger Forum Resident

*Sigh*.......

It's no wonder why I stick with old idler models... My brain hurts just READING that.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  11. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam

I can tell you a little about sonic generalities of a Triangle Art cartridge versus a Lyra. Keep in mind that I AM a dealer now for Triangle Art, so I am quite enthusiastic about their sound. I have used them many times at audio shows, and now finally the manufacturer agreed to let me become a dealer, in direct competition with the manufacturer himself, because we operate in the same vacinity, Orange County, California.

Please do a search for "Triangle Art", in this entire website of SH.tv Forums, to see my other comments and my special THIS MONTH ONLY post, for my introductory sale on their cartridges. Triangle Art sale: BLACK SPRING promotion for So.CA. and all USA members of SH.tv

Lyra cartridges are noted for their reproduction of very fine detail, particularly in the high frequencies. They are extremely dynamic and extremely clean. The higher end models do a better-and-better job of this. But, in many applications they can sound a little thread-bare, like a traditional MC cartridge. They need to be loaded down enough so as to get rid of this traditional MC aggressiveness , but this does not change their tendency for some aggressive upper-midrange content as well. For systems that benefit from an upper frequency range "zing", they are really great sounding cartridges. If you find yourself having to load them down to downplay this characteristic, then the dynamics suffer.

Triangle Art cartridges never sound forward or aggressive. They are dynamic, clean, and detailed, without this traditional MC cartridge "zing". They have a tendency to draw attention to a "magic midrange" in the direction of a Koetsu. In other characteristics, such as layers of depth, soundstage rendition, dynamic character, and clarity of subtle detail, they are very competitive with the Lyra Titan, Kleos and Etna cartridges. I would have to hear the Lyra Atlas again, to make valid commentary about it, but I suspect it has the somewhat forward high-end of their other cartridges.

Mind you, any Lyra cartridge can sound absolutely stunning in many audio systems. I have heard them at shows sound wonderful. I am passing-0n my interpretation of the reviews I have read, and my memory of what I have heard.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.