Trilogies you like but hate one of the parts

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Next Friday is nowhere as good as the other two.

mr. steak likes this.
  2. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Ewoks >>>>>>> Jar Jar

Linger63 likes this.
  3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Can you believe, after all the merchandising hoopla, it took them three movies to finally come up with teddy bears? :doh:
    And not even clever, teddy-ruxpin-like teddy bears..."Jub-jub!"-like teddy bears! :crazy:

Linger63 likes this.
  4. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Porky's

Porky's II sucked, with its stupid Shakespeare plot. Porky's III, on the other hand, is as fun as the first one, which is a first-rate, juvenile, gross-out, lots of tits classic.

Danny Coffin likes this.
  5. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Those are muppets my friend. Give them their due respect. And they aren't an offensive stereotype. And they never hurt no one, except for those stupid clone bastages.

Dillydipper likes this.
  6. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Poltergeist. I love the first two but the third one was a train wreck, although some of the special effects were pretty good.

YardByrd likes this.
  7. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

I thought Euro Vaca was funny af.

unclefred and mmars982 like this.
  8. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

#3 If I remember well it had the best stereo sound I've ever heard on VHS tape, I don't think I could cope with #1 these days, number 2 don't remember at all.

9. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

I'll be Captain Obvious, but Return of the Jedi...

10. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

The Ewoks weren't Muppets- They were people dressed in costumes, whereas a Muppet is a glorified hand-puppet... Jabba The Hutt's little sidekick Salacious Crumb was a Muppet more than any of the Ewoks were.

FACE OF BOE and Instant Dharma like this.
  11. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni Thread Starter

You ever heard of Big Bird? There are all kinds of Muppets.

12. Grand_Ennui

Going by your logic, then I guess that mean Chewbacca was a Muppet as well?

Instant Dharma and Jazzmonkie like this.
  13. I still prefer Jedi to Strikes Back. It has a much more satisfying ending and beginning. The Ewoks are bearable for the 1/3 of the movie they appear in and even some of their scenes work pretty well (and some suck).

14. Pizza

No logic involved. Big Bird was created by the Muppet folks, therego he’s a muppet. How hard is that to understand? He’s a big muppet with someone wearing the outfit

905 likes this.
  15. Grand_Ennui

Well, the Ewoks weren't created by Jim Henson, who created The Muppets, and the way your post read to me was that you were equating The Ewoks to Muppets after I said Muppets were basically hand held puppets... By saying Big Bird was a Muppet made it sound like you were saying the Ewoks were Muppets too, despite the fact they aren't and never were.

The Ewoks were little people in outfits, so what makes them Muppets? Other than you must equate "cute 'n cuddly" creatures with all Muppets?

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  16. Grand_Ennui

Just adding this to my earlier post:

The Inspiration Behind Ewoks

Stuart Freeborn - Wikipedia

These links tell about what inspired George Lucas to create the Ewoks, and the second one tells about who designed them... No one associated with Jim Henson Productions/Muppets had anything to do with them, so why someone is saying the Ewoks are Muppets, or equated with them makes no sense to me... But whatever.

17. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

Debbie Does Dallas 3.

Hastily cobbled together from outtakes and lacks the coherent story and character development of the first two films.

Linger63 likes this.
  18. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I thought Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance was weaker than Old Boy or Lady Vengeance. i can't roust up any hate however.

The World's End was the weak sister to Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.

19. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I personally love Cars and Cars 2 but can't stand Cars 3, and I've always loved Beverly Hills Chihuahua 1 and 2 but viva la fiesta was pushing it. Same thing with Madagascar 1 and 2 being both excellent movies, but Madagascar 3 stinks through and through.

20. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I'd argue the third one was the best of the three, but I just loved the whole thing about Peter having to choose between the evil symbiote and his naturally good nature.

21. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I love the first one and Vegas vacation but think both European vacation and Christmas vacation are stinkers.

22. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I saw the first two Dr. Doolittle movies today on TV and was reminded again of how awesome and funny they are, but sadly 3 and 4 are mostly dull and boring to me. 2020s Doolittle with RDJ was pretty bad too.

23. Pizza

I agree on European (awful) but I loved Christmas.

mmars982 likes this.
  24. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

except for a few moments, i thought the 3rd Austin Powers movie was disappointing.

25. Star Wars original trilogy. I don’t hate Return of the Jedi but it’s a weak conclusion. For the record, I always hated the Ewoks.

‘The Godfather III. Awful movie with some good set pieces.