UDiscover Canada replacing Musicvaultz

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by summerof6911, May 15, 2022.

1. summerof6911

summerof6911 Forum Resident Thread Starter

uDiscover Music Canada

As the title says, this is happening. The catalogue of offerings seem to reflect the US/UK versions of the same site much better than MV had been doing in recent years.

Many probably received the same emails, but enter password UWELCOME and check out a wide list of titles on sale. Huge opportunity if you’re paying in US dollars or pounds sterling (shipping cost potential aside) - some very desirable items at 50 or 25% off, and in Canadian dollars.

2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It’s not working for me

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Just worked for me…all caps.

4. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Yes, ALL CAPS also worked for me.

5. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

They used to have free shipping to the U.S. I'm guessing that's not the case anymore?

6. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Man, even with 50% off the Band Cahoots deluxe is still nearly twice what Amazon US is charging.

7. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I wonder if the selection will be much different from umusic.ca, which has been around for years.

8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

definitely does not appear so :(

Buggyhair likes this.
  9. noname74

Lots of crap on there.

fredgsanford likes this.
  10. zipzapzopzoup

zipzapzopzoup Forum Resident

They’ve jacked the prices up considerably compared to MusicVaultz - the Stones El Mocambo 4LP set is up $25, for example.

11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Does Musicvaultz still exist? I received an email from them today (which was legit) with a coupon code and offer of free shipping over $100 but when I click on the links the "site can't be found". Very bizarre...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I received the same message.
    When I click on it, takes me to the Udiscover US site.
    At first, there was a popup that asked me if I wanted to go the Udiscover UK or CA site.
    Neither the "VAULTZIP" code, nor the "STPATTY17" code works for Blue Notes I tried to order, nor any other random titles I tried.
    Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, as usual for Udiscover.

GentleSenator and oldjollymon like this.
  13. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I got it too. I go to the Canadian site when I click on it, but didn't see anything worth ordering. None of the Blue Notes I was looking for are available there, but they did have a few I already have. Other things, price was too high even with 15%. Maybe different cause I'm in Canada, but in the past I think everything ended up coming from England and that's where there customer service was.

14. noname74

They have also upped their free shipping to orders of $200 or more (was $100 not too long ago).

15. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Ya, that is a deal killer. Such a difference between the Canadian and US sites. It's like they don't want any business in Canada.

noname74 likes this.