uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I hope it does, too. If it doesn't, it'd be a Heartbreaker, you'd be Sad Sad Sad, you wouldn't have any Satisfaction, you might even feel Shattered, and it would be a Bitch. And you might have to tell yourself that You Can't Always Get What You Want. But hopefully you wouldn't have your 19th Nervous Breakdown over it being damaged. Maybe you'd just be Blue and Lonesome for a while.

But, if it DOES arrive intact, you'll probably be Cool, Calm & Collected. You might have Mixed Emotions about it arriving intact, but taking so long to arrive. But once you crank up those LPs nice and loud, who cares if your Neighbours complain? You could tell them There's No Use In Crying and that you just want to Rip This Joint.

DLD, superstar19, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

VERY nicely done!

Having seen this set in person, I will note that it’s very large and very heavy, so here’s hoping that they packed it in something bulletproof for our man @Rentz!

3. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

it has a space reserved next to my Mono box set which managed to arrive in tact from amazon (who just throw them in boxes)

ive noticed its worth paying a little more to get them from the label/artist or a better company. the last few i got outside of amazon or ume have come triple boxed.

hutlock likes this.
  4. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Sorry for an uninformed question: Does anyone know how long the current sale is going for?

Some of the prices are totally insane, but I need to figure out a way to get money over to the US (it doesn't look like there's anything comparable on the UK page).

Is it an extended Black Friday thing or something that they continue throughout the winter, or nobody knows?

5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

theyve been doing it for several weeks now, not sure when it ends but if you want something i'd order sooner than later.

Petter Premberg likes this.
  6. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Damn, totally missed, no surprise lots of the good stuff is out of stock.. I'll try to get it together tomorrow. Cheers!

7. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Elton’s Jewel Box CD set is back in stock and still on sale.

spotlightkid likes this.
  8. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

One step forward, two steps back:
    2 x more releases in my order delayed now.
    Donald Byrd - "Byrd in Flight" due to "overwhelming demand".
    If only there was a way to guage demand before production.
    Like say, a pre-order.
    :crazy:

hutlock and Dignan2000 like this.
  9. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

3 of my 5 orders have arrived. The others appear to be USPS issues, not udiscover. Everything I've received has been perfect so after a month of waiting for some of them, it's definitely been worth it. Will use them again, maybe not for something I want to hear right now though...

hutlock likes this.
  10. poidog

poidog Senior Member

Shipping notice for Bob Marley box set!
    Pleasantly surprised after waiting weeks for Little Steven box.

11. bresna

bresna Senior Member

Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out regarding your order #UDISC558xx containing the Byrd In Flight (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LP.

Due to overwhelming demand, your order has been delayed. A follow-up email will be sent once we have an updated timeline to communicate.

We'll do our best to deliver your order to you as soon as possible, but unfortunately, holiday delivery is not guaranteed.

We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Thanks for your support,
    - uDiscover Music

Delayed to what?!?! Delayed to January 29th like the Tina Brooks LP? Delayed forever like the last Tina Brooks LP I ordered from them?

This is my last order from them. I don't care how big of a sale they have, their customer service blows.

12. BreakBeat DJ

BreakBeat DJ Forum Resident

My entire order was cancelled. Almost everything I ordered was out of stock or delayed. Great prices, worth the try, I guess.

13. hutlock

It does blow, but yeah, the entire Tone Poet series is dramatically off schedule at this point. Pressing/printing plant back up is the issue. They probably have no idea when these things will be ready.

Edit: I had preordered Byrd In Fligjt from Target during their 3-for-2 sale and I just checked my order—they went ahead and cancelled Byrd in Flight, Tender Moments, and The Waiting Game. So yeah, I would say my hunch above is correct.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    GentleSenator likes this.
  14. bresna

bresna Senior Member

My problem with them is that when one title gets delayed, they delay the *entire* order. I ordered 7 LPs. I got an E-mail saying that the Tina Brooks release was delayed to January 29th, so my entire order was delayed until January 29th. I cancelled the Brooks LP and said to ship the rest December 11th. Now they are back to delaying my whole order again. I may just cancel the whole thing at this point.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it feels like a christmas miracle that they even notified you of a delay!

hutlock likes this.
  16. Thrills

Thrills Forum Resident

I have hope for those who are waiting!

On 11/2, I ordered the 2 Coltrane Acoustic Sound Series LPs and 2 Tone Poets. All were listed as in-stock and scheduled to ship on 11/5. Weeks went by and I noticed some became "sold out." I sat on the order because of the incredible price. Crickets until today....when I just got a shipping notification!

17. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

The same thing happened to me. At 5am this morning they canceled Byrd in Flight and Tender Moments. On the other hand they sent a “delay approval” email for The Waiting Game which curiously is now “scheduled” for Dec. 18 delivery. I don’t expect that to happen, though.

For a huge concern like Target they sure have a convoluted system for managing deliveries. I’m still waiting for delivery of Roots & Herbs, from an order I placed in July.

hutlock likes this.
  18. hutlock

I got my Roots & Herbs pretty much on time—arrived the Monday following the Friday release date—but it had two major corner bends. Given how thick those sleeves are, that’s some serious mangling.

However, given what a PITA all of this has been and knowing other people are still waiting for it to arrive, I decided to just keep it. Not too pleased though.

19. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

My HUGE order which was scheduled to ship on Dec 11 now got pushed to January due to a delay in one of the Bob Marley Jamaican Pressing titles.

A number of items I ordered are now Sold Out including Tears for Fears Seeds of Love Deluxe, GnR Big Box and a few others. Does anyone have experience w this situation? Might they have picked my products and held them to fulfill my order or am I SOL and going to have those items canceled?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

20. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

I ordered the Seeds of Love deluxe box on 11-2-20 along with a couple other releases. I received notification they all shipped this week, due this coming Tuesday.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    hutlock likes this.
  21. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Received my Nov. 9 order yesterday, Dec. 4. All in all, yea, it took awhile but for he price? Well worth the wait.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  22. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just saw your post so this may have been answered. My sales invoice showed shipping on a $99 order but when I added up the cost of the 5 records + state + local tax, that amount came out to my total. Shipping was shown (at $10 IIRC) but not included

23. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

Yes. My invoice said $10.00 shipping, but I was not charged. It confused me.
    I don't know why it doesn't say $0.00
    Thanks!

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i have experienced this. the items that were OOS by the time my order shipped had indeed been "set aside" (or something like) and shipped to me without issue.

no guarantees though as this place seems to be run by faulty robots or ape drones.

hutlock likes this.
  25. jabbo5150

jabbo5150 Forum Resident

So I ordered the Goat's Head Soup Deluxe CD with the 30% off sale and my 30% off coupon I had for Udiscover messing up my prior order and the PiL Public image is Rotten Box using the same sale and code. Order arrives today, only shipped in the box it came in initially and it is the Stones and it looked as if someone dropped it on the corner and no PiL at all. Ugh. Here we go again.

Swordsandchains likes this.