uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

The fine print says "Offer may not be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, promo, coupon and/or offer." That's the only thing that looks like an exclusion. It makes no mention of specific items. Sorry to keep going, I'm just frustrated by this whole thing...and they haven't responded to my email...

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

individual product pages state whats excluded, see link below for an example.“Excluded from sitewide sales/discounts. Limited to 4 per customer.”

McCoy Tyner - Time For Tyner (Blue Note Tone Poet Series) LP – uDiscover Music

check items in your cart and see if it states that in the product description.

they also most likely get to your email until mid week

caleb1138 likes this.
  3. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

Well...dang! I didn't think to look on the product pages. Thanks for pointing that out and putting up with my complaints.

Swordsandchains, mrjinks and hutlock like this.
  4. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Likewise....DOH!!!

caleb1138 likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

wait for the Target buy 2, get 1 free sale to purchase the Tone Poet series
    Blue Note Tone Poet Series : Target

caleb1138 and wynnwikman like this.
  6. Swordsandchains

yeah thats what im waiting for,ive held off on a lot of things hoping they so it again in june

7. Swordsandchains

8. landow

landow Forum Resident

Added a bunch of jazz LPs to the cart and the discount wasnt working properly. Went through one by one and it seems some of the Tone Poets aren’t eligible.

9. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

Yeah it looks like exclusions still apply to many of their jazz albums.

10. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

Has anyone tried to stack points on top of the sale?

11. Swordsandchains

Same sale over at The Sound of Vinyl. I was able to grab the new Donald Byrd and Tyner tone poets as theyre in stock with the Wes Montgomery Half Note. $84 all in for 3 of those is great

hutlock and landow like this.
  12. DLD

DLD Senior Member

It used to work. My point total is depleted, I haven't tried cashing them in on the very few I've bought since the last mega splurge when you could stack discount coupons on top of 33% off (or whatever) and then redeem points on top of that. Man, those were the daze

13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Really? The only jazz albums I saw excluded were preorder titles. Can you post which other ones were not eligible?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Swordsandchains

pharoah sanders - karma

hutlock and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. caleb1138

caleb1138 Forum Resident

Sorry I can't remember exactly and I only checked a few, but Picture of Heath was one of them.
    As well as this, which was eligible for the 30% off sale last weekend.

hutlock likes this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Huh, weird. I wonder why the new releases from this week are eligible but releases from a little while back are not? Also the recent Freddie Hubbard TP (Blue Spirits) was eligible.

I guess at this point we should expect pure nonsense from this site. Oh well.

17. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The steadfast rule of udiscover...
    If it's a record you want, it's excluded from the sale.

18. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Well i got Blue Spirits and Wes - Half Note for 30% off.

hutlock likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

after spending three months trying to get these yahoos to compensate me for sending me a used lp and refunding me for never sending me the other one i ordered i'm positively done with them.

...unless they manage to ever have another ridiculous sale that makes the gamble worth it.

20. Biff Jones

Biff Jones Forum Resident

Good advice. They are not to be trusted if anything goes wrong. And if I remember correctly, they take forever to ship the order. Is the other one, The Sound of Vinyl, any better?

21. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I placed an order a couple of months ago from Sound of Vinyl. I received everything but one of the albums, but my order was showing as "open". I believe they sold out of that album and had to wait for more stock. I had written it off (it was only $10), but I finally got an alert that it shipped and I received it 5 days ago. I didn't really care how long it took, as long as they kept the order open and eventually fulfilled it I'm happy.

22. timzigs

timzigs Forum Resident

SOV is about the same in my experience. Took me about 3 weeks of hassle to deal with a return. Pick your poison.

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

exact same company.

mrjinks and Dreaddazzman like this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

So it seems like neither Universal nor Warner can be trusted to ship out their own product direct to consumer with any level of competence whatsoever. They've essentially given up on decent service.

mrjinks likes this.
  25. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

As a sucker for good prices, I went ahead and placed orders with both uDiscover and SOV during the current B2G1 sale, which of course excludes pre-orders and certain other titles.

As usual, my uDiscover order has shipped, but SOV has not (yet).