UFO - Strangers in the Night Deluxe 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Sep 8, 2020.

1. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

It won't ship to the US, unfortunately. Thanks for the link, though.

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  2. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

I don’t know why more copies wouldn’t be pressed if demand is high. Especially since it’s an official release and not being marketed as a numbered limited edition.

If it were me, I’d advise patience.

:cheers:
    Cat

The Hud and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  3. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Apparently they've just sold a bunch.
    Price is back up to 46 gbp, and it lists only 4 left in stock.
    (30 minutes since yr post...sheesh)

The logic is, they want to move inventory, and they clearly had quite a few to move thus the quick price drop.

But it does my heart good that this band has not been forgotten, and that the release appears to have been a success.

Wonder how the sales of the clear vinyl SITN standalone lp have been doing?
    Sorely tempted to get one, as I don't have it on vinyl and I fondly remember spinning it relentlessly in my younger days when it first came out.

blacksabbathrainbow and hutchguv like this.
  4. hutchguv

hutchguv Rock/Metal/Prog/Pop

Thanks, I think I just used the wrong words there..... I do understand why they do it

what I should have said is

I find the constant changing of Amazon prices rather frustrating

5. FunkJazz

FunkJazz Wake up... and smell the Sunflower

6. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

True. I don't take disturbing topics as objectionable or off-limits and I tend to give writers the benefit of the doubt, which probably goes some way to describing the difference in our personal sensibilities. To my detriment.

Thank you for a civilized discussion, at any rate.

hutchguv and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  7. Thank y0u too. :) Always a pleasure, even with difficult topics.

Back to this box set, I have changed my mind: originally I was sure I preferred the Official Bootleg Box over this one due to the variety of set lists and tours included in the former. However, the sound and performances on the SitN set are so good, I consider it at least equally valuable now. Which is something, given how huge a fan I am of the Bootleg Box!

8. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

I hope they continue the Deluxe Edition reissue campaign with Force It and maybe add more unissued live material as a bonus.

9. Oh yes!!!

10. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

My mention of his being taken advantage of is a reference to a past period, roughly 15-20 years ago, when by all accounts he was in a bad place personally. It was a time when he lost everything (or most everything) and I heard stuff like he'd spent some time living in a van, having lost his house and instruments, etc. I don't know the extent of the damage and the veracity of some of those accounts, but his public appearances around that time did nothing to deny he was in a very bad state, let's put it that way. Soon after, he began posting painful open letters in his website that alluded to some people he trusted having taken everything he had, there were references to his partner/manager, etc. Dark stuff. It was years ago, though, and I didn't follow the drama closely so details are hazy.

As for his most recent problem with Rudolf, and if I remember correctly, it came up when Scorpions released another series of remasters recently and Michael claimed they'd failed to credit him properly for all his writing contributions. Sounds like he had a bee in his bonnet about it for years and he finally exploded. What's really true about it is impossible for us to know at this point. Personally, I tend to believe Michael's claims on this one, because the songs he says he contributed to have always reminded me of Michael's own stuff (Blackout, for one), and because I'm pretty sure that he plays more guitar on the Lovedrive album than the credits mention, but please note that's just my personal impression and I have no solid information on the whole thing.

11. hutchguv

hutchguv Rock/Metal/Prog/Pop

I read very similar things around that time too.

Michael clearly is quite the tender soul, but tender souls, when abused, can then lash out quite dramatically. Not getting recognition one deserves is hard at the best of times, when its magnified in the public spotlight I cant even begin to imagine how it can mess with ones mind. Especially if that mind is not in a good place and also being further confused by substances.

Its just a real shame Michael seems to have spent a lot of his life quite unhappy. Although as much as it pains me to say, he may be the cause of these problems himself.

I think this is why I can look past a lot of inherent bad behaviour by my idols. Being a touring Rock Musician seems to me to actually be an absolute nightmare in probably 95% of cases.

12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

The plan is to do the albums in sequence after Phenomenon but I haven't heard (or asked) about specifics afa content goes.

13. houseofglass83

houseofglass83 Forum Resident

14. TheseGoTo11

TheseGoTo11 Well-Known Member

I also bought one this morning

15. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Cool! Glad I could help with that. Was perplexed when someone (you?) said it had jumped up by $40.

I received a notification that one of my posts was deleted from this thread a few days ago for "incorrect information" (never even heard that such a thing was done here b4 as opposed to someone simply doing a reply, pointing out something they felt was wrong, letting people know, allowing a discussion regarding that to educate people etc) and still do not know what post it was or what it was that was wrong with what I said (am trying to find out from a mod now), crossed my mind maybe it was the one saying imusic.dk had this for around $40.

16. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

17. Sezthe

Sezthe Active Member

Thanks!

I ordered as well from iMusic after checking on my Townsend Music order and seeing this:
    "Your order is currently awaiting arrival of the stock. We are working as hard as we can to have this available as soon as possible."

When I placed my Townsend order there was no indication that it wasn't in stock.

I'm convinced that I'm going to end up with three or four of these or none!

18. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I guess I need to check my Townsend music order as well. So frustrating since they already charged my PayPal.

19. WarEagleRK

Have they actually shipped or just accepted the order?

I just placed my order, so hopefully this isn't a dead end like Townsend, Amazon and Bull Moose were.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  20. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Which "Rock Bottom" is everyone's favorite?

21. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Was this a limited edition release? Surprised supplies of this set have dried up this quickly....

22. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads-up, taking a bit of a gamble since I've never purchased through this vendor before, tired of waiting. Says it ships in 0-1 days and card doesn't get charged until it does.

23. TheseGoTo11

TheseGoTo11 Well-Known Member

My order was shipped with tracking # the same day that I ordered it from imusic. $48 as well. I also saw the $84 price a few days ago as soon as it went back down I ordered it.

WarEagleRK likes this.
  24. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

£38.89 now. The cheapest it has been by 2p.:D

25. WarEagleRK

Thanks. I have my fingers crossed that the 4th attempt to get this works.