UFO - Strangers in the Night Deluxe 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockDude4492, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Nevison did the Cleveland Ohio disc included in the Official Bootleg Box which will also be in this....

2. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

It would be nice if they issued a 2 cd highlights version which had one version of each song played at the shows.

3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
    Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour '74
    Free - Live (Another live album which needs a Deluxe Edition)
    Robin Trower - Live (Needs expanding as it's missing the first 4 songs from the typical set list.)
    Ten Years After - Recorded Live
    The J Geils Band - Live: Full House (The Deluxe Edition of this was nixed by the band)
    Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush - Live (Another live one which needs a Deluxe Edition)
    Pat Travers Band - Live: Go For What You Know (Another one which needs to be expanded.)
    Johnny Winter And - Live
    Johnny Winter - Captured Live (Needs expanding)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    kevin5brown, jay.dee and stax o' wax like this.
  4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I saw Rush open for Kiss in the summer of '75. Dressed to Kill tour, the tour used to record the "Alive" album. God what a time to be going to shows.

5. old school

old school Senior Member

I didn’t read the whole thread, is there a Amazon link yet?

6. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Don't think I'll pay 200 bucks, but under $100 and I'm probably in. Maybe even go Vinyl if within reason and I get reports of better mastering.

7. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

old school likes this.
  8. old school

old school Senior Member

9. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

JayB likes this.
  10. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I'm guessing if it'll be up there in time.....It shows at least that Amazon here in the US acknowledges it's existence....I'll be checking here and with Amazon. I'm really curious if the Youngstown on this set and the RSD end up being the same thing.

old school likes this.
  11. And who should decide which version is the highlight?
    Na. We already have something that was someone's highlight version: the album "Strangers in the Night". It is fantastic, no doubt. But listening to the shows the way the really happened is something I don't want to miss if I am offered the chance.

hutchguv and Jimmy Agates like this.
  12. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

Hi

I've sent an e-mail regarding this release to UFO's web site, so I will post the reply here!

Strangers In The Night is my second all time favorite live album after Live & Dangerous so I would get it if it's official release!

Mark

13. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Nice list, but only 2 are Hard Rock. I would list my favorite live records, SITN is not in my top 10.

14. Jimmy Agates

Pretty certain its official - a full tracklist is up and packaging details etc. Plus with the release of the Youngstown show on vinyl it all ties in.

15. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

Hi I just found it strange that it wasn't featured on UFO's own web site and that there is only two places advertising it for sale Amazon & Record Shop X.

16. Jimmy Agates

UFO's site is often well behind with its updates :)

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  17. Strange indeed. I’m not getting too pumped up about this until there’s some firmer evidence that the set is actually going to exist.

18. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

However, I like some of them better than some of the ones previously listed. In addition, I think most people who like hard rock would like some of the ones I listed because most of them are guitar oriented albums.

19. the bastards owe me a set, they never would have known about the tapes unless I hadn't started a thread here and on Imwan on the tapes' availability!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    Bonddm likes this.
  20. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

@blacksabbathrainbow Except that Strangers In The Night didn't include a live version of each song and included This Kids and Mother Mary which weren't live. There are many of these large sets being released at the same time this fall not everyone can afford them all. It gives people who can't afford all of them an alternative.

Frank Zappa is releasing a highlights disc in conjunction with his box set of the 1981 Halloween shows just as a recent example.

These tracks were all omitted from the original album.

Hot 'N' Ready
    Pack It Up (And Go)
    Cherry
    Ain't No Baby
    On With The Action

It wouldn't be that hard to pick an alternate version of each song on album and add the 5 above songs and resequence it into approximate concert running order.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  21. You are right about this of course.
    I guess we just have different interests here. I will not be buying any other box sets this fall and this is one of my favorite albums of all time. And I really prefer having all the shows the way they were played and recorded, rather than someone's 'best of'. Under these circumstances, 53,99 € are a really OK price for me.
    Hot 'N' Ready and Cherry have already been included in the 2008 version of the album, by the way:
    UFO (5) - Strangers In The Night

22. Jimmy Agates

Agree...no need for a single disc best of when all tracks are readily available anyway. An all encompassing box is what is required and what is coming soon :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  23. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

All tracks are not currently readily available so why not do both?

jay.dee and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  24. Jimmy Agates

Hot N Ready - Strangers Remaster
    Cherry - Strangers Remaster
    On With The Action - Chrysalis Years 5CD
    Pack it Up And Go - Hot N Live 2CD
    Aint No Baby - Hot N Live 2CD

hutchguv and blacksabbathrainbow like this.
  25. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

You missed the part where I said you pick an alternate version of each song already appearing on Strangers in the Night and add the missing songs in approximate concert running order. Mother Mary and This Kids would be excluded because they are not really live versions.

slipkid and jay.dee like this.