Ultraman

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Blastproof, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member Thread Starter

Ultraman on Netflix is a lot of fun. It is a new animated series that tips the hat strongly to the old Japanese live action show. Hey, it's worth a look! I think it's a hoot.

NickySee and JakeM like this.
  2. Blastproof

Duh... I just noticed that this version is subtitled Japanese. The show is dubbed in English for the American audience.

3. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I used to watch it every day on WSNS Ch. 44

4. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I did the same on my local station. It was at a time where there were a number of live-action japanese shows. The one I remember most was Johnny Sokko And The Giant Robot, which was memorable to me for having a final episode (unusual since most series at that time didn't have one).

JakeM and Hall Cat like this.
  5. Blastproof

I remember Ultraman in black in white. It surprised me to learn that there was red on his suit. I had imagined it to be blue.

Moonbeam Skies likes this.
  6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I watched it. It was okay. I think I'm seeing more western influence in a lot of these Anime shows in that the scripts are more concise and less internal monologuing.

Had this come out 5 years ago it would have been 42 episodes long to get to the same point.

I also watched the Anime Godzilla 1, 2 and 3 movies on Netflix. 1 was great, 2 was pretty good but 3...I think they let the home team have a bit too much control back. Rambling mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.