Ultravox "Rage in eden" Super Deluxe, 5 CD & DVD Anniversary Box Set - Release September 2022!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dreambear, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Fripper

Fripper Increasingly less tolerant of intolerant people...

No it was never the plan for 2022 RSD.

negative1 and croquetlawns like this.
  2. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Is it? Heard this from @Post-Punk Monk and he paraphrased this comment from his blog when we covered the track 2 year ago

I'm inclined to believe this comment for a handful of reasons

It doesn't sound like it was recorded with the rest of the album
    Midge's guitar tone isn't here at all
    Currie is using a CP-80 grand piano - this is the biggest tell for me, since from memory he never used it in studio in the context of the main discography. It shows up on one of the Quartet b-sides, also recorded while touring

The middle section of Your Name "might" be an electric piano, but the other parts of the song sound like an acoustic piano - so I'm leaning towards it's some genius production

croquetlawns likes this.
  3. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

It's a matter of opinion. I think it would make more sense to include the original mix of the missing tracks and clearly state why they weren't remixed.
    Most other releases with a relatively small number of missing tracks have been managed this way.
    Or they should have called this new mix "a selection from Rage In Eden".
    I am saying this because I can already see scathing reviews on Amazon "where is the Voice?", "This is not Rage In Eden" from people who buy without being aware in advance that the album is not complete.

negative1 and croquetlawns like this.
  4. Fripper

Hey, my comment is that the track was recorded earlier and it's perfectly possible that it wasn't recorded in Conny's sessions but - probably - London. But if you still want to believe that a track released in 1981 was actually recorded in 1982 then knock yourself out.

5. Fripper

Of course it is a matter of opinion but you are basing this all on a leak by a distributor. Wait until Chrysalis formally start the campaign and issue press releases. They may mention it, you never know.

And as for other 'remixed albums' that include some original mixed tracks, I think it's a bit far to say that 'most' include the original mixes instead. Let's not forget...the band had to approve all of this.....

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    croquetlawns likes this.
  6. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

The quote corrects that error, for whatever reason I always think The Voice was a single from 82 - I know Rage In Eden didn't have a lot of good singles to choose from it's still odd given both the last album and the next album had 5 and 4

Fripper likes this.
  7. Fripper

That may well be explained in the liner notes.....

8. J_Surround

J_Surround Forum Resident

Unfortunately, that has now been confirmed by SW:

9. Music Geek

Well if they have 10 tracks out of 11 and maybe some b-sides I am more than happy to get English Settlement with a fake 5.1 mix for Senses Working Overtime!

10. MichaelMcG

MichaelMcG Well-Known Member

croquetlawns likes this.
  11. Fripper

Almost there........

croquetlawns likes this.
  12. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Hopefully we'll get full contents details soon!

13. Dunedin

Dunedin Forum Resident

croquetlawns likes this.
  14. Post-Punk Monk

Post-Punk Monk Seeking divinity in records from '78-'85 or so…

And Ultravox Nation can breathe again! Good price from the official store @ $69. Happy that they are pricing these fairly and not gouging. Last time I got "Vienna" box pre-order from importcds.com for $55 and they are still showing [as they have for some weeks] the RIE box @ $71 but they usually give a generous discount. I'll wait to see what happens in a few there before any pre-ordering happens. I want that navy tee with the logo, but they don't have a bundle price for the CD box with one of these. Just the tote bag.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    croquetlawns likes this.
  15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Great news!

16. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just went to see how much it would cost if I purchased this from the Ultravox store. $30.00 for shipping to New Jersey. Actual price shipped - $99.99. No thanks. I will order from a more local source.

17. Post-Punk Monk

Try importcds.com. They have it for $71 + $2.99 shipping in The States. They usually have a generous discount [30%] on pre-orders, so I'd give this site a week or two to maybe add it. They've had this price up for a few weeks now and they might have jumped the gun since it was announced today.

croquetlawns likes this.
  18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yes. I have had this in my importcds.com wish list since it was first listed a few weeks ago.

19. Finch Platte

Finch Platte Lettme Rundatt Bayou

Tote bags. Why does any company think people like tote bags?

Eff that shee.

20. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

@jamesc found it for $67 at Bull Moose, but they are now out of stock (for preorder?).
    Zia's has same price though. Both stores have free shipping at that price.

jamesc and MikeT like this.
  21. Music Geek

Rage in Eden super-deluxe edition is now on Amazon UK at £59. There is no description of the contents, only that it's 5 discs.
    Who wants to bet that the reviews will be negative?
    The first thing they should have done is ensure that people are aware that the new mix doesn't cover the whole album before they buy.

croquetlawns likes this.
  22. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

For those of you based in Australia, where's the best place to order/pre-order this one? BurningShed looks expensive.

croquetlawns likes this.
  23. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

If you’re prepared to wait, the Vienna box ended up being around $60 on Amazon for a while.

albertop likes this.
  24. Post-Punk Monk

I got my "Vienna" box from importcds.com for $55 with their usual generous discount [30%?] but that's not happening this time. Not sure why. It's $71 currently. Still cheap postage, so I'll probably go there again.

croquetlawns likes this.
  25. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Seems like I have to get this from Import CDs as it still isn't for sale on Amazon Canada. I am getting a 10% first order discount so that's not too bad. I was going to order the Power Corruption and Lies New Order box as well but it is apparently too heavy to import from the US. :(

croquetlawns likes this.