”Unknown” songs that deserves recognition.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bemagnus, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun Thread Starter

There are so many songs I love that seemingly very few people have heard. I guess life always ain t fair. Would be fun to share songs like that with likeminded here.
    I start with a song from the mighty Willie Nile-a great artist with little mainstream success. Well-loved by fellow artists though-among the fans one can count Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Lou Reed and Lucinda Williams. He s still very active and release good albums.
    One of his true masterpieces comes from 1999 -s brilliant Beatutiful wreck of the World album.
    Road to Cavalry is a wonderful song. Hope I’m not the everyone who likes it.

2. Bemagnus

Ill try another great one.
    Steve Forbert with the lovely It isn t hinna be that Way. A song that I believe deserves classic-status. Also a song that has given me lot s of comfort during troubled times.

3. simoncm

simoncm Forum Resident

Late Last Evening - David Kernan and Judy Carne, from the show "On the Brighter Side." Poignant song, with first one, then the other, singing of their regret at having parted (much more poignant than a conventional duet).

4. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

Starz - "Third Time's The Charm"

boboquisp and Bemagnus like this.
  5. Bemagnus

Shelby Lynne has surely got rave rewiews and lot s of respect. Still I wonder why the great I am ShelbyvLynne album from 2001 didn t sell millions. And Why songs like the wondruos Where I am From are not more well-known. It s a song that feel so heartfeltbit s almost scary.

DTK likes this.
  6. John54

John54 Senior Member

Margaret Mandolph, I Wanna Make You Happy:

Steve Litos and Bemagnus like this.
  7. Isradex13

Isradex13 Forum Resident

As far as I can tell, this Brazilian singer is completely unknown. When you listen to this song, there is a moment early on where she seems to even falter. But I'm blown away that efforts with this much imagination and skill are out there, just waiting to be stumbled upon. The song is "Unstoppable" and the artist is Caio e. Jess. This is jazzy, daring and adventurous. Goosebumps time.

8. Isradex13

Isradex13 Forum Resident

another song called Ona.

9. myheadhurts

myheadhurts Forum Resident

10. veon

veon Forum Resident

Great bit of Northern Soul… first heard it in a Coors Light commercial a few years ago. Only available on a 45.

Joe from So Cal likes this.