Upcoming John Lennon Imagine release out 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mikecarrera, Jun 3, 2018.

1. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

2. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

I've listened to the whole box set (CD's) about five times. What would be the easiest method of transferring the blu ray audio to a CD?

3. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Isn’t all the Blu Ray audio the same stuff that’s on the cds? I don’t have the box to hand right now.

4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I can’t say I’m surprised after what I’ve heard in the past about these clowns. But I am VERY worried about how everyone’s upcoming 1971-1973 sets are going to be handled. That is one PRICEY item a,d they better not eff it up!

5. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

No there are some blu ray exclusive tracks.

6. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I'm worried about that too. I have no faith in them. And if they do arrive damaged we will be told something like "sorry that item isn't available any longer. Thanks for shopping with UDiscover"

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

There are threads on this if you do a search. If you have Bluray drive, it’s not particularly hard or expensive.

8. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

How much overlap is there between material in the blu ray of Imagine and Gimme Some Truth?

9. Adamjames

Adamjames Forum Resident

The 1972 imagine documentary mostly has footage of John & Yoko going about every day life in London & NY and also in their home and around the grounds of the estate! The gimme some truth documentary centres around the studio footage sessions of the recording of the album. So it’s mostly in the studio so there is not much overlap of material!

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Thanks to a B&N coupon and a sale, I nabbed this sucker for $45 today. Can't wait to play it!

applejam101 and micktanner like this.
  11. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Just watched the 90-minute "Above Us Only Sky" TV special. There's a lot of unreleased footage in it, stuff that I had no idea existed!

nikh33 likes this.
  12. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

As somebody pointed out earlier in the thread, they weren't. This is how the titles appeared on the lyric sheet included with the first pressing of the album.
    [​IMG]
    No track titles on the sleeve, so this piece of artwork (presumably overseen by John) is arguably more authoritative than the record label, which is where the titles appear differently on the initial pressing.

nikh33 and oboogie like this.
  13. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Can you give some examples of unreleased footage?

14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

John on piano showing "How?", "Oh My Love" and "How Do You Sleep" to George Harrison.

John in the studio with an acoustic guitar singing a short bit of "San Francisco Bay Blues" (narration over it).

John singing "Mind Games" in the studio (you can hear the piano but not his voice).

Footage from the unreleased "Clock" film (including a demo version of New York City).

John singing Imagine on the white piano (while some guys cross the room carrying stuff) and then going over to the other piano.

Footage of a John & Yoko photo shoot for David Bailey with May Pang in the room.

An alternate take of the end section of the Imagine promo video.

Footage of John at the table being photographed by Spud Murphy.

Footage of John, Andy Warhol and others, filmed from above.

Extended footage of John & Yoko inside a car while he's charging his shirt, then more unreleased footage of their signing session for the book Grapefruit.

Lots of unreleased snippets from studio sessions for several songs, all with original audio.

Footage of John driving some sort of golf cart around Tittenhurst, plus rowing a boat.

Much longer footage of John's conversation with Claudio.

Plus new interviews with a lot of people who were there at the time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    nikh33, Diego Lucas, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  15. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

For those who have waited, the Amazon US site now has the Ultimate Imagine box set for a shockingly low $50.69.......wow!

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  16. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

It's gone down even further on Amazon US. I just bought it for $48.81. There's a 10% off $54.23 coupon. I wonder if it's not selling and that's why it's so cheap. I hope not, as I'm hoping for the same treatment for John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band.

17. Ringo Hendrix

Ringo Hendrix Resident Pest

I don't have much to say about the remixes, but the only tracks where I actually prefer the 'originals' to the remixes are Gimme Some Truth and Power To The People... there's just something a bit... off... about the remix. Not quite sure what it is.

I also love the remix of Happy Xmas.

18. bewareofchairs

bewareofchairs Forum Resident

Here's a new interview done with Klaus Voormann, Jim Keltner, and Joey Molland. It could do with being proof-read, but it's interesting. I thought Ken Sharp asked some great questions.

longdist01, rtalwani and oboogie like this.
  19. cmi

cmi Forum Resident

Record Store Day 2019:
    Imagine - The Raw Studio Mixes - 1 LP - 13 April 2019

It seems to me it'll be the list from CD3 off 'The Ultimate Collection':

1. Imagine (take 10)
    2. Crippled Inside (take 6)
    3. Jealous Guy (take 29)
    4. It’s So Hard (take 11)
    5. I Don’t Wanna Be A Soldier Mama I Don’t Wanna Die
    6. Gimme Some Truth (take 4 – extended)
    7. Oh My Love (take 20)
    8. How Do You Sleep? (take 11 – extended)
    9. How? (take 40)
    10. Oh Yoko! (take 1 extended)

20. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Looks great! Just curious, what’s the source of the info?

21. applejam101 likes this.
  22. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

If we're talking about the 4CD + 2 Blu-ray set, which I just bought, I must not have my cables connected correctly, since I don't see any of this video footage.

23. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

That's all from the new documentary Above Us Only Sky.

RubenH likes this.
  24. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

Hello Joe, when you say "blu ray movies," do you mean the separately sold "Imagine/Gimme Some Truth" single-disc blu ray (here) or are the movies on the 4CD/2BR set? Thank you.

25. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

They are sold separately .

StateOfTheArt likes this.