Used CD store in Long Beach, CA

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by shokhead, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA! Thread Starter

Anywhere?

2. sf74

sf74 Active Member

Fingerprints on 2nd Street

3. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

One of the best in SoCAL.

4. tokenganja

tokenganja New Member

Dyzzy on Vinyl on 7th St.
    (Small place, but some great finds. Plus Kevin is one cool cat. Known him for years.
    Super cheap prices as well. Does needle drops ect!!!)

Bagatelle Records 260 Atlantic St.
    (Make sure you have a day free. This place is HUGE. Boxes and boxes of Records. Prices steep sometimes but the owner knows what things are worth. play hardball and you'll score.) My fave store in So.Cal as far as selection. It's massive.

Fingerprints 2nd St. Down in Belmont Shore.
    A bunch of Tools who Really don't know anything about music. Well really don't care.
    The workers change constant. Good selection, most of the time. New LPs sold. You can score rares on the cheap tho. If you can stand all the yuppies in your way while searching!!!

Tape and Record room. 3rd and Pine I believe?

Decent selection. Mostly used. Store was bigger but they were busted for selling boots.
    You can score some decent lps tho for $10 or lower. Used cds will cost you tho. Best Buy prices..

A few other small holes in the wall, but not worth a mention. You should be fine with the ones above.

5. Ragu

Ragu Forum Resident

Tape & Record room is gone, they closed a few months ago.

6. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

Fingerprints is cool. I actually found more stuff there than at Amoeba last time I was in SoCal.

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA! Thread Starter

Great places, thanks. Who knew?

8. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

But, there's a no return policy if you get a defective one.

9. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Interesting. I haven't had luck at Fingerprints. I've had much better luck at Amoeba in Hollywood.

What was your plan of attack for searching through the CDs at Fingerprints?

10. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

The good thing about Fingerprints is you can actually open the cases and look at the discs :thumbsup: I just try to make sure I have some time and go through the rows and rows of them :D They're in fairly good order. I've actually found a few targets, made in Japan discs, etc. Sometimes I find some cool stuff in there, and sometimes I walk out with nothing. Timing is everything :winkgrin: As with all used CD stores I've found, the important thing is to check regularly and not just write it off because one time there was nothing...

11. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

I got the Beach Boys box set there recently. Great place to kill a few hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.