used CD stores in Cleveland?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by phoenixhwy1982, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenixhwy1982

phoenixhwy1982 The Last Cowboy Thread Starter

Just learned that on the way back from Baltimore will most likely stop by Cleveland. What would be a really good CD store there? thanks! :D

2. ProgDave74

ProgDave74 Forum Resident

For CDs, probably The Exchange. There are several locations. If you are taking the Ohio Turnpike, North Olmsted and Middleburgh Heights would probably be good detours.

phoenixhwy1982 likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Billnunan will have the best info, but I agree The Exchange is probably the way to go. There's at least one Half Price Books as well - and it's about 50 feet from an Exchange location, so you can double dip! :D

4. ProgDave74

That would be North Olmsted.

5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Shh - don't make it TOO easy for the OP! :D

6. ProgDave74

LOL... Cleveland has an inferiority complex, so we always have to oversell it to visitors :)

7. adamdube

adamdube Forum Resident

If you come up via Akron or close by there are a couple of Exchanges there as well....but IIRC there are maybe 4 or 5 in Pittsburg as well.

Options galore.

Then take 90 west and stop in Sandusky - Exchange 1 mile of the highway. Toledo has a few spots too....

http://www.myexchangefranchise.com/storelocator.htm

8. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець

Though, hit or miss, another option to the HPB/Exchange/CD Game & Exchange offerings is the Buybacks chain. I can't speak for all of them, but they sometimes tend to be located near the above (e.g. the North Olmsted store).

I recently found a bunch of good titles in their huge, back wall, unsorted dollar section at the Elyria store (also right down the street from an Exchange). For example, the limited edition Legacy version of Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue (i.e. with the thicker booklet), as well as some ACE twofer, Dion imports. Like I said...a buck each.

http://www.yourbuybacks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3

PS - If you do hit the Exchange stores, be sure and go to the Parma/Pearl Rd. one. They just moved into larger digs, and it's now sort of their flagship store in terms of stock/quantity. Always look in the 5.00 dollar and 2.50 racks.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    BobFever likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.