USPS Tracking - what are your current experiences?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by George P, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

LOL! What??? How do you know someone here posted those pictures on Reddit?

2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You should call the Los Angeles Times, and after that, you'll have plenty of others to chase down.

‘Like Armageddon’: Rotting food, dead animals and chaos at postal facilities amid cutbacks

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    GentleSenator likes this.
  3. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

4. Combination

[​IMG]

5. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

Oh no....take that picture down before Classic Car Guy reports you.

6. Combination

You never know, I could be the dude in the rear!

7. Classic Car Guy

......LoL....:biglaugh:
    [​IMG]

8. Combination

You really should translate for the class. Complete sentences are especially useful.

9. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

LOL. Is that a box of new CDs or Vinyl records that he's carrying?

10. Combination

It's a mix of both to keep everyone happy! :p

11. Classic Car Guy

.............:laughup:.............

12. My experience these past two weeks is a stark difference between corporate packages and private individual packages. The USPS is mostly working on schedule for their corporate clients like Best and Target - I wouldn't worry that much if you have packages coming from large corporations.

Any package from private individuals is severely delayed. Makes sense, the Postal Service is trying to avoid angering their large retail accounts because they'll lose future business. But Granny's package to Timmy has zero priority in the shipping crunch.

LordThanos1969 and moomoomoomoo like this.
  13. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Small business isn't getting treated much better then Timmy from what I can see. Let's hope we get the pre 2020 USPS back again (both price & service quality).

14. Classic Car Guy

If you have a package that's over 25 lbs and dimensionally huge than the normal, (hopefully not but) it might get set aside for they are trying to push as much as package they can and they'll get the smaller ones first in quantity.
    I'm quite in trouble myself for I ordered an amp last October 2 anticipating that I don't wanna go through the holiday traffic. They just finished and shipped it. I even told them I'm trying to dodge US postal. They still went that way. Where do you get these people?.....:faint:

15. moomoomoomoo

I've found that Fed Ex & UPS have plenty of their own issues. That's why I am so opposed to the idea of privatizing the USPS.

16. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I have something that I ordered from importcds' and paid for expediated shipping and they shipped it media. The below has been the status for two weeks. The post office can't do anything because they say they never received it. Importcds' is saying they mailed it that day. I'm sympathetic to the plight of the USPS right now, but it is still frustrating.

December 5, 2020
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 5, 2020 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available.

I have several things that I have mailed out that I've sold on here and ebay and it's hit or miss as to if they are getting there in a timely manner or not. I think it's a mess for all of us.

17. moomoomoomoo

Import cd's is probably to blame. They are owned by giant wholesaler Alliance, who is super slow (and super evil). At minimum, if you paid for expedited & they shipped media, ask for a refund. If IC declines, you can dispute it with your card issuer. As long as you have the documentation to back yourself up, you'll win.

WarEagleRK likes this.
  18. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I have something else that I ordered from Importcds' a week later that is already about to be delivered probably tomorrow. However, that one they processed with the expedited shipping vs sending media.

I am curious as to the "evil" part of your comment though.

19. moomoomoomoo

It's a long story & has been posted to death. The short version is Phantom wholesaler became Super D, was purchased by Alliance & bought most of the medium large internet music & movie retailers. They then sold below wholesale prices temporarily through those retailers & put a lots of long time small-medium retailers out of business. A FEW of the companies they own include Deep Discount, Collector's Choice, IC, Blowitoughtahere, & many more.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  20. Classic Car Guy

quite true. everyone has their own and I guess everywhere you go it'll be the same. Its bad timing on my case too and don't want my amp to get fut'-bol'ed along the way.

21. moomoomoomoo

Good luck. I hope the company you bought from insured for full value!

22. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

The 'awaiting package' thing is SOOOO frustrating and anxiety-inducing. I have an order that the shipper dropped off in Mechanicsburg, PA on 8th December, and USPS say they are still awaiting it. I have emailed, opened up missing package claims but nada.

I would much rather they had a default 'We got it, and it is sitting in a pile in the corner unscanned and, like, we will get to it one of ol' these days, so chill, bro' status.

moomoomoomoo and WarEagleRK like this.
  23. Tom B

Tom B Forum Resident

Oh booooooo. My 1000th post is a USPS moan.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Agreed. At least in my experience, UPS used to be the gold standard as far as dependable shipping goes. Used to. I'm not sure why, but their reliability has plummeted over the past few years. And they're about as accountable as USPS.

25. cporcp

cporcp Forum Resident

I had the same thing happen to me on the 7th - seller swears he mailed it, but I was doubtful. Glad I saw this :righton:

Tom B likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.