Vinyl Day at Amazon.ca, Friday, June 11, 2021

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chemguy, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Had to start a thread so that this organization would have its feet held to the fire. An absolute travesty to call this Vinyl Day, with special prices and products. In fact, there are many albums “on sale” for considerably more than they were listed the day before!

A poor, ill conceived, sham of a ‘sale’. Shame on Amazon!

gfong and Dred like this.
  2. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Is this a real thing? I didn't know about it. If so, what a stupid day to have it. It's the day before RSD. It makes me wonder if Amazon wants to hit people's wallets so it hurts sales for indie stores. Granted, they don't get special RSD releases but they'll do whatever they can to get the upper hand. It's bad enough every time there's a new release, distributors don't have any in stock but sure enough, Amazon has it!

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I don’t think it was necessarily to hurt indie stores as they are far too large and global to worry about that..I think it was them thinking they could jump on the RSD bandwagon (admittedly very late) and sell some extra product by co-opting something that was popular. It was a major fail not because people wouldn’t have spent their money on vinyl but because the few discounts you could find were absurdly small.

cwitt1980 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.