Vinyl Heroes

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DVinylFan, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don P.

Don P. Forum Resident

2. Davey

Davey NP: Jane Weaver ~ Love in Constant Spectacle LP

He still posts some on the audiogon forum, looks like last time was in July, real wealth of knowledge in some of those posts ... Posts by jcarr | Audiogon Discussion Forum

3. LakeMountain

LakeMountain Vinyl surfer

Holger Christian Arentzen.
    [​IMG]
    A very important the milestone!

4. DVinylFan

DVinylFan Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Neal Jackson and Arthur Khoubesserian

5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Totally agree. Influenced most modern designs. Ivor I see as an opportunist who copied the Ariston RD11 itself based on the Thorens TD150. More of a ruthless businessman and salesman. Rega actually became more innovative later on but the original deck was a very simple design using a Japanese arm.

MGW and LakeMountain like this.
  6. DVinylFan

The thing that made the two men I started this thread by mentioning (Mark Baker of Origin Live and Graham Slee of GSD Audio) ‘heroes‘ to me was the extent to which it was evident they had committed to audio excellence, which I experienced by installing their products in my hifi system and using their follow up/support services.
    The notion of a ‘hero‘ is a very large concept, bound up with myth and storytelling, that means different things to different people. It’s beyond the scope of the ‘’Audio Hardware’ forum to fully explore that, but hey, don’t let’s allow that to stop us trying!

7. DVinylFan

Pink Triangle were a giant in the turntable world of the 1980’s and 90’s, especially while I tried to figure out how to live life without a Linn LP12.

8. Randoms

Randoms Aerie Faerie Nonsense

A name you don't hear too often these days, but David Gammon with his futuristic Transcriptors turntables. David Gammon: The Transcriptors Story Without Transcriptors, John Michell may well not have started making their own turntables and many manufacturers have taken inspiration from their designs.

Whilst the original Transcriptors turntable dates back to 1963, in 1974 came a design that set new standards in many areas. An extremely stylish British direct drive turntable with speed accuracy that bettered the best Japanese models.

The Gale GT 2101

Very much a team effort Turntable | galeaudio.com a large number of modern designs have taken various ideas from Transcriptors and Gale.

MGW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.