"Vinyl Me Please" Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Hogues, Apr 7, 2019.

1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Id like to think that they are better masterings, but I doubt they are different. As far as announcing them, its Townes, as much as we love his music to most he isnt known.

Revolver likes this.
  2. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

A bit of a **** show over at VMP tonight :(

Membership pages down, no swaps available, etc.

3. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

I swapped Mr. Hands for Soul of a Bell. #noregrets

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think you mean #goodvibes

5. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

same :righton:

6. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I did exactly the same. See a few on Reddit did too. Jeez with Storf saying they were down to less than a hundred copies of ‘Soul’ left I actually expect it to be oversold at this point right? Slim pickings in the swap front and pretty lackluster selection this month.

recstar24 likes this.
  7. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Been a VMP member for a year, great quality records by and large, only issue was with the December migration when communication went south, but all records arrived last week without issue , just later than usual. Opted to swap to Experience Unlimited this month which has had great reviews ..staying on a 3 month subscription currently

recstar24 likes this.
  8. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Soul of a bell is great. I’m picking Darrell Banks this month n

scotti likes this.
  9. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

Received the 95% of orders have shipped. It’s even more annoying that mine is still sitting.

A company that specializes in online record sales is clearly unable to successfully sell records online. What a concept.

GentleSenator and Dreaddazzman like this.
  10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Can anyone tell me the difference in the Speaker's Corner version of Soul Of A Bell and the Vinyl Me, Please one? Both are AAA, but not sure who mastered either one...thanks in advance. Interesting to see two different versions so close together in release dates like this.

edit - Speaker's Corner is done by Kevin Gray...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    recstar24 likes this.
  11. Chris Bernhardt

Chris Bernhardt Forum Resident

I always liked the album but this put a whole new perspective on it. I feel the same way about VMP's Al Green Call Me release.

scotti likes this.
  12. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

The VMP says ‘sourced from original tapes’ but not that it’s all analog and I don’t see anything on who cut it. That said, for a swap, it sounds great, flat clean pressing, The cover is quality, and the liner notes were interesting and new info to me.

recstar24 and scotti like this.
  13. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Just a heads up that once you select a swap, there’s no turning back! Before, you could swap back and forth to your hearts content if you were still making up your mind. Just noticed that as soon as I swapped for the soul of a bell, the option is done and you can swap it back or for anything different.

SJR, Gavaxeman and MisterBritt like this.
  14. SJR

SJR Big Boss Man

I must be the only one who swapped the Dirty Projectors for Herbie Hancock :hide:

15. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

I'm still waiting for a replacement (they claimed two weeks ago it was being shipped but never received tracking info) for the Mary Wells record from the Motown box. Not pleased.

GentleSenator likes this.
  16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i've been waiting for a replacement now for 6 weeks.

17. FashionBoy

FashionBoy Forum Resident

Wow not good at all. I decided to skip the Stax set because of this situation.

18. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident Thread Starter

So did I.

FashionBoy likes this.
  19. bnjmngrn

bnjmngrn Member

I got mine in the UK just before Christmas. Disappointingly, it had a lot of noise. Even more disappointingly, they now have none left as replacements. And as they refunded me, if they repress, I won't get a replacement - which they didn't advise me of before accepting the refund. Hmmm.

20. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear that! I ended up ordering one from Craft since they could ship it directly before X-mas and it was $10 cheaper. Ended up being a good move since VMP oversold it and who knew when they were shipping even if you got one. It's the exact same version/source/packaging so you might check with them for a replacement, or see if VMP can get you a credit there. Mine sounds great, super flat and dead quiet, no noise at all. Although its not an Analogue Productions, it's probably the next best one to get at this point for the price ($25 vs $50+, when they appear).

21. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

Swapped for Darrell Banks. Figured Mr.
    Hands will be around for a while if I want to swap in the future.

recstar24 likes this.
  22. mcrichley

mcrichley Forum Resident

Just got my shipping notice for Max Roach Percussion Bitter Sweet which I ordered Nov 5.

23. bnjmngrn

bnjmngrn Member

Thanks - think I'll probably go for the standard black. At least they did refund, so I can just use that.

24. Muriel Heslop

Muriel Heslop Night is young and the music's high

Received my Aretha last week.Got an e-mail 3 days ago informing me that Frances Quinlan is en-route and just received notice that Mavis Staples,Isley Brothers and Donald Byrd have now shipped as of today.

By the way,for anyone sleeping on the Sister Rosetta Tharpe album,pull the trigger!It's so nicely done...incredible sound.Everytime I play it for friends she gains new fans.

I also highly recommend Vagabon and Angel Olsen.Both great pressings!

25. geddy402

geddy402 Forum Resident

The Sister Rosetta Tharpe was on my short list but ended up going with the Darrell Banks. I’ll have to keep it in mind if I’m looking for another swap...

Muriel Heslop likes this.