Walmart color vinyl

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Jan 24, 2021.

1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Some were never even available online to add to the cart.

Davidmk5 and sbsugar like this.
  2. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

The Kissworld 2LP colored vinyl set is back in stock on Walmart's website.

Davidmk5, JasonA and sbsugar like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they were all available during the "early access" portion of the day. not really surprised if they weren't after that.

marcb and Davidmk5 like this.
  4. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Thanks for the posts. Was able to grab the Ozzy and ELO best of. Already got my pickup confirmation for this afternoon. Also got confirmation that Fedex is delivering today the Ozzy I paid the full price on which will now be going back.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  5. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Same here on both accounts. Will be returning my full price Ozzy too.

superstar19 likes this.
  6. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Can anyone confirm whether the Jimi Atlanta is 1 LP or 2? One ad appeared to show it as 1 LP, and if that’s the case, I’ll pass.

Thanks

7. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

I was wondering the same thing. The sticker on the LP in the ad only shows one disc so it's apparently a condensed version. I might run up to my local store tomorrow and see which tracks are on it if they have any in stock.
    On-line, I was able to order the three I wanted: Nathaniel Rateliff, Michael Jackson amd ELO.

8. kevinkasson

kevinkasson Forum Resident

I ordered it last night it thinking it would be the 2LP but I'm also wondering about it now. I'm planning to pick it up in about an hour, I'll report back here then if nobody else has.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. kevinkasson

Unfortunately it is a single LP. Tracklist is

All Along the Watchtower
    Freedom
    Foxey Lady
    Purple Haze
    Hey Joe

Voodoo Child
    Stone Free
    Star Spangled Banner
    Straight Ahead

There's a note on the back that the only surviving multi-track master begins after the start of All Along the Watchtower, so they've spliced in another version for the start of the song. I'm not familiar with anything about that master tape but maybe that explains why it's only the single LP

marcb, scottabs and Davidmk5 like this.
  10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

wow !! 2 of the Lps i ordered last night close to Midnight were delivered this afternoon :eek:

They were in a dread plastic bag Via UPS but thankfully no Damage :righton:

11. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I ordered three last night after 9 pm and they were delivered today right around 3 pm. Am I amazed? :yikes:

Davidmk5 likes this.
  12. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

Didn't read the details and it was disappointed it was an amended version for Jimi but sounds good and nice color. To off set it though I found the 4 LP White Album box for only $50, worth checking your local

Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Thanks for the info - looks like it is the 2nd LP of the prior 2 LP set: Jimi Hendrix Experience – Freedom: Atlanta Pop Festival (2015, 180 Gram, Vinyl)

Just out of curiosity, any mention of Bernie Grundman/BG in the deadwax?

14. kevinkasson

Yes, BG is in the deadwax. It also came in a QRP inner sleeve, which was a nice surprise.

The label also has Experience Hendrix/Sony Legacy on it, and it's "(c) 2015 & 2021", so it's possible that this is just a repress of the second LP from the previous version? The layout of the label isn't quite the same, the older one has the track list on the side and these are on the bottom. But it is cut by BG. I don't have the 2 LP version to compare it with but in the pictures on discogs that one seems to have the same technical note about the master tape.

Davidmk5 and jimhb like this.
  15. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Dang. You got a fulfillment center close to you? That’s on par with Amazon

16. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Rarely go to Walmart. Is the website reliable for stock? It's showing none of them in stock in any stores.

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I got 1 of my 3 today. The other two are due tomorrow.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I know for certain there were albums available at local stores which were showing no stock at local stores. I wouldn’t be surprised if they fulfilled the online orders from local stores - and folks can have at it at $15 ea with whatever’s left over tomorrow am.

GentleSenator and Davidmk5 like this.
  19. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

Thanks for the update. I still might go tomorrow and see what's on the shelves. The track listing of the single disc Hendrix is pretty decent.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  20. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

This evening, I got 2 of the 3 I ordered yesterday (Michael Jackson & ELO) also in those plastic bags but they were in good shape. Couldn't believe how fast that was.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

An hour after i received my 2 lps , the 3rd i had ordered showed up Via a 2nd truck , i've never received orders faster :righton:

Bob J likes this.
  22. cyngus

cyngus Forum Resident

Just checked my local store and only the lps in the ad are on sale in the store this year.

Davidmk5 and JasonA like this.
  23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Correction: the other two are due by next Friday, not today. Given how quick I got the 1st LP, I’m even more inclined to think they fulfilled what they could from local stores.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yes, that’s exactly what the ad says.

25. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I ordered some non-music things from Walmart Wednesday evening and added the clear Journey album to get free shipping. The first items were dropped off in a plastic shopping bag yesterday morning. Definitely delivered from a store. The album showed up in the afternoon, sealed in a bag but also seemingly delivered from a store. Maybe that's more efficient for them if the items are available locally.

Davidmk5 likes this.